Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Revolution Slider breaks wordpress

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased & installed the Dynamix theme and most of my pages in wp-admin fail to load so this is causing me loads of problems. If I manage to activate a different theme all the problems go away, but as soon as I re-actiavte the Dynamix theme all of the page loading errors return.

I am using WP 3.6.1 and also your latest Dynamix downloaded today 22/09/2013.

I have tried this with turning on and off both plugins of JW Player 6 Plugin for WordPress & Revolution Slider to see if they are conflicting, however I cannot Deactivate the revolution slider plugin as I get an error 500?

I can Deactivate the revolution slider plugin if I change the theme and then Deactive it – so it seems something in the Dynamix theme is causing me lots of page loading problems?

Any suggestions?

September 22, 2013 at 11:03 pm #33599

Update to my last post – I re-installed the apache server, re-installed wordpress from scratch and re-configured the php.ini file to allow for the upload to install Dynamix. This time I didn’t install the plugin where it gives this alert:

This theme requires the following plugin: Revolution Slider.
    Begin installing plugin | Dismiss this notice

I chose to leave this and my wordpress admin site now works OK. So this means the Revolution Slider is messing up my wordpress console and there’s no way to uninstall it from the admin interface once it’s installed. Is there any info as to how I can get this working without screwing up my WordPress admin area?

FYI I have no other plugins and no other themes apart from the standard two default wordpress themes of twenty twelve & twenty thirteen.

Thanks
    Kevin

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Tom,

In answer to your question on the other post, my WP-admin mucks up in that when the revolution slider plugin is installed every time I try to navigate to any page in the admin centre I get a white dead page, I then have to refresh a few times to even see the page. This happens on any admin page I navigate to rendering the whole admin area pretty much useless as it takes on average 4 refreshes to see an admin page.

All these problems go away as I said in the post above when the Rev Slider is not installed.

Can you advise what I would need to do to get this working as I have a brand new wordpress installation with just Dynamix installed and I can’t get going?

Kevin

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Any news on this as it’s been another day?
    Kevin

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Any news on this as it’s been another 2 days?
    Kevin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Very sorry for the late reply, as mentioned in your other thread. The reason for not replying to your other thread was because you posted it in DynamiX Showcase of websites instead of the DynamiX Support. I have moved your thread over so now it will get picked up within support.

Please can you reply with your login details so we can take a further look at what is going on with your site? Please set your reply as private when posting login details too.

Do we have permission to activate Revolution slider to test things too?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kevin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Kevin
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

My apologies for the delay, the original post was not in the support forums and you last posted on Friday night and there is no support on weekends.

The error on your server is suggesting the WordPress plugins.php file is missing from the WordPress installation. I recommend re-installing WordPress. I think any plugin you try installing will cause this issue.

My first thought was it was a wordpress memory issues, but as you have nothing else installed, it shouldn’t be this. However it maybe worth trying it to rule it out.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Kevin
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Just to rule things out, did you try upping the memory as Andy suggested? Please could you try this and let us know so we can advise another fix.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.