Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / revolution slider loading

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I have two revolution sliders on my landing page. I use them not as sliders, but as still single slides. I find it easier to arrange different components on the slider rather then on a regular page. Anyway, when they load, they go through a transition even though I tried to eliminate through options. I want the slides to just be part of the page with zero movement, transition or animation. How do I do this?
    Thanks,
    Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

There are options you can set within each slider to set it as a single slide with no animations. When you edit the slider, on the right hand side there is a column with many options in, one of those is the option for a slide slide slider. You can then adjust the animations from there.

I am also looking into this currently for a personal site of mine so if I correctly figure it out I will let you know exactly the method used.

Kind regards,
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi Tom, were you able to figure out how to fix this? Whey you say “edit slider” do you mean “settings” or “edit slide?”

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Go to Revolution Slider > Find your slider > Settings (green button) > select the following:

GENERAL SETTINGS
    Stop Slider: OFF
    SINGLE SLIDE
    Loop Slide: OFF

Then edit the slide, under Layers Timing & Sorting at the bottom right, make sure all of the layers are butted up to the right. If the grey bars are not all the way to the right, the animation will end before the slide ends. So the layers will animate away, even though it is one slide. Dragging the grey layer bars all the way to the end will mean there is no end animation so the layers will just stay on the slider and not disappear.

This should make it just have one slide.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi Tom, thank your for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t understand “make sure all of the layers are butted up to the right. If the grey bars are not all the way to the right, the animation will end before the slide ends.” I don’t have any grey bars 🙁 Please let me know what you mean.
    Thanks,
    Kristina

kristinanewyork
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Perhaps there is a better way to accomplish what I did on my landing page because revolution slider takes ages to upload. The reason I used revolution slider is because I can move around text freestyle and the photo background works better than in visual composer.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

When you edit a slide, if you scroll down, you will see at the bottom right the grey bars that represent the amount of time that the animation is displayed for. If they are not all the way to the right, then the animation will end before the end of the slide.

That kind of animation can only be achieved using Revolution slider. Try using less animation, smaller images etc to speed up load time.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

I absolutely do not have sliding grey bars. I have a place to input time for animation and they are all at 0, but there is STILL animation. BTW, I HATE animation and the only reason I use Revolution slider is because the photo background DOESN’T work in Visual Composer. The photo always gets screwed up. Also you cannot slide and arrange the text around as you wish. Is there another solution for me because I HATE Revolution Slider. It takes ages to load even without animation. Can you please take a look I have you login info.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

You were using an old version of Rev slider. I have updated it using the instructions on this page and adjusted your slider so it does not animate.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.