Home / Forums / ePix Support / Search facility and social share icons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
  • Lou Madhu
    Participant

Hi Andy,

http://londonfromtherooftops.com/NEW/
    USER AND PASS REMOVED.

I am setting up a photography showcase website that needs to have 4 main galleries: West London, East London, South London & North London. An important part of the site will be that people will have the ability to use the search function to search for photos they want to see using descriptions such as ‘night sky’, ‘london eye’ etc. It doesn’t look as tho the current search facility pulls in data from the slider titles and descriptions tho – is that correct? If so is it possible to make it so it does? If not then how would you recommend I set up my galleries and images so the search can find them? I want them all to have small descriptions, social share icons and be full screen.

Could you also send me the code you use in the description for a slider image so that the social share icons appear?

Much appreciated!

Lou XxX

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lou,

If you put each image in a post, then had the title of the post as the description/caption of the image, then this would get picked up in the search. The search feature is a standard WordPress option so we cannot edit it to pick up on other things.

Once you have done this and put them into a post category, you can then use the fullscreen slider to have fullscreen images. Set the datasource to post categories and select your category.

You can only add social icons via the slide set manager titles. Go to a page, add a text block, click the orange themeva ‘t’ and select font icons. Pick apart the code to get the correct icon. Copy the shortcode and paste it into a slide set image title.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lou Madhu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lou,

1. Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Single post > Image Lightbox > On

2. If the orange themeva icon is not there, you may need to click the Kitchen Sink button within the text editor to expand the options.

3. You will not be able to add in the social icons in the same way mentioned about the slide set manager as the standard WP titles within posts are not the same. You should be able to add an excerpt to the page which then gets picked up within a gallery if you have title/text shown.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lou,

Depending on which browser you are using, try logging out then viewing the page again. Sometimes the admin bar gets confused with the gallery and makes it jerk, when logged out, this should solve things.

If you browser window is smaller than the image, it will of course crop things slightly. But you can use the following CSS classes to hard crop the image. See the documentation here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lou,

You can add in each URL when editing each social icon.

For the posts, you will need to scroll down to Page Config > Social Icons > Then select ON and which ones to show.

The title and description seem to be coming up fine for me.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lou,

I do not have your login details anymore so cannot log in but if you go to Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media > Social Icon URLs then copy the ones you want to use.

Here is an example.

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=[get_permalink]&t=[get_the_title]
    http://twitter.com/share?text=[get_the_title]&url=[get_permalink]
    https://m.google.com/app/plus/x/?v=compose&content=[get_the_title] - [get_permalink]

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lou Madhu
    Participant

Lou Madhu
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.