Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Search field on the same line as intro-text

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Patrick
    Participant

Hi,

Is it some how possible to add a search field on the same line as the intro-text (and/or sub intro text)?
    The sidebar looks kind of misplaced since the intro-text pushes it down, so I thought it would look better to put something above it, like a small search bar on the same line as the intro-text.

Another possibility would be to move the sidebar up so it’s first header gets in the same line as the intro-text. Is this possible?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Patrick. Reason: Another option
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Do you have a link I can see. In DynamiX 5 you can place a search bar in the Header now via Appearance > Widgets > Header Panel.

It might be worth installing a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-shortcode/ and then placing the shortcode into the intro-text field.

Patrick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The best option in this case would be to move the sidebar up.

Add this to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

.sidebar.columns {margin-top:-90px;}

Patrick
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks!

ydeeyu
    Participant

Hello,

How can I change the pre-typed text (“Search”) in the search bar? I need it to show in another language, so instead of showing “Search” it shows “Buscar” before somebody typing anything in it.

Hi @ydeeyu

You have to use a translation plugin for that in order for it to show on a different language.

Regards,

ydeeyu
    Participant

Hello,

Only for this I need the translation plugin? That’s a bummer. I can modify every other string showing on the life page, but that one… 🙁

Hi @ydeeyu

One way is to manually replace the placeholder text which should be in config.header.php line 82 which reads:
    <input type="text" name="s" id="drops" placeholder="<?php _e('Search', 'themeva' ); ?>" />

Can you please try it from your end?

Regards,

ydeeyu
    Participant

Hello,

I tried to find the file you indicated (config.header.php) but no luck. I only found header.php and it doesn’t contain that string. Can you please point out where I should be able to find that file? Thanks.

Hi @ydeeyu

Can you please send over your FTP login so we can check on this for you?

Regards,

ydeeyu
    Participant

Hi @ydeeyu

Can you please double check the credentials you sent? I tried but I am unable to login to your server FTP.

Regards,

ydeeyu
    Participant

Hi @ydeeyu

We need your FTP login credentials not WP Login. You have provided it but we are unable to login using the credentials you sent.

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.