Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Search results showing Visual Composer shortcode

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • kateyello
    Participant

Hi,

When searching on our site, VC shortcodes are showing in result excerpts but only for results that show on the second page (after clicking ‘load more’). For example, the blog “7 Ways to Use Your Workplace as a Recruiting Tool” doesn’t have short code showing in the results of the first link below, but when you follow the second link and click “Load More”, it does. Please help!

Without VC shortcodes: https://yello.staging.wpengine.com/?s=7+ways+to
    With VC shortcodes: https://yello.staging.wpengine.com/?s=recruiting

Hi @kateyello

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can personally check on this further from our end?

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @kateyello

The login you sent does not have full access to your WP Dashboard. Can you please grant us an admin rights so we can check on this further from our end?

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @kateyello

Thanks for sorting it out.

Looking at this further, it looks like this is an issue with the theme as it is also happening on our test site.

I have forwarded this to the developer and we will get back to you once we have an update.

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant

Hi Edcel, when do you anticipate having a fix for this issue?

Hi @kateyello

This is on the list of things being investigated as of the moment.

We sincerely apologize for the delayed resolution.

I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant

Hi @edcel, any updates yet on this issue?

Hi @kateyello

My apologies for the delay on this.

The developer confirmed that this is a major flaw in WordPress with regards to shortcodes in ajax. The only way around this is to either add some code to add excerpts to pages so that a manual excerpt can be used. Or to increase the results displayed by increasing the “Blog pages show at most” value via WP > Setttings > Reading.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.