Home / Forums / ePix Support / Second Attempt/Reply Undeliverable

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Christine Peacock
    Participant

I tried to respond to the email I was sent regarding my problem but it came back undeliveralbe. Here is what I had written in my email to <wordpress@help.themeva.com> regarding #post-57864
    A huge problem I was also having was ignored/missed. You did not address the problem I was having removing demo files, in particular the demo video. I had to hose the entire installation including the database, so it is all gone. I have done a reinstall of everything except the Demo so basically there is nothing there to work with except a “hello world” post, which is not really what I imagined I was signing up for. I would like to bring in the Demo sans SPAM and be able to REMOVE THE VIDEO. I think I can figure out how to swap out the photos, but maybe a link to instruction on that. I know it must be available as carefully as everything is documented, but I cannot find it. I am really struggling with this and would so much appreciate the links to specific instructions.

Obviously I am new to WordPress Templates…

I would like to use the Demo to duplicate some of your static page layouts for my client. I chose this template for the lovely galleries, which I hope to duplicate and replace with my clients photography. There are all sorts of videos on how to customize the skin, but no instructions how to get rid of the video which screams onto my clients domain. How do I get rid of that, please.

Is there a video or instruction how to build the gallery page. I will have to build DOZENS of these to interface with WooCommerce…

Christine Peacock
    imagemagic77

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your question. I replied to your other set of questions a day ago, which you can see here.

I have offered to log into your site to resolve the issues you are having also.

You can find information about the galleries, slide sets and page configuration via the documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Tom

Christine Peacock
    Participant

I simply deleted all the SPAM that came in WITH the demo, so was just making note of how unusual that was to buy a template and have the demo loaded with SPAM so it could be fixed.

What I needed help with was getting rid of the VIDEO in the DEMO. I had checked out all those tutorials you mention before I bought the ePIX template. I also noted the vast amount of documentation. I STILL don’t see anything regarding how one might disable or remove the video from the DEMO. It is set on auto play and keeps restarting every time the page refreshes, which is EVERY SINGLE TIME something is done on the site. As I said, I totally hosed the entire site including the database so the site is GONE. I reinstalled everything but the DEMO, and have now set up a testing server on my desktop so there is no access there. Isn’t there some instructions for getting rid of or disabling that video, so I can use the demo as a MODEL, which is why I bought that template. All I’m looking to do is stop that video so I can examine the other page without that video popping up and playing. Perhaps it’s not intentional but you can’t do ANYTHING with the DEMO without that video popping up and playing, even when you are trying to customize a skin. Thanks so much in advance.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

The video is located within the Slide Set Manager. If I cannot login to disable this for you, I recommend watching the galleries screencast as mentioned above as it will tell you how to manage the slide sets.

If you log into your WordPress site > Slide Set Manager on the left hand column > Edit the ‘Video’ Set > Then you can edit things from there.

If you want to edit the home page to select a different slide set, edit your home page > scroll down to the Page Config tabs > Add Gallery tab > Select a different Slide Set.

I highly recommend watching the screencasts within the documentation as these will help you out with most things.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Christine Peacock
    Participant

No, it doesn’t help. I have watched the videos but my menus don’t match up to the ones in the videos. I have no galleries, no menu, and my activation code does not work with the Visual Composer. I have lost days of time just trying to do basic things. I’m really unhappy…
    Here is the error code I got when I tried to use the Visual Composer License Key that downloaded as a text file. I checked carefully and inserted the proper item.
    Invalid liense key. Please check information in your envato profile.

Christine Peacock
    Participant

It actually says Visual Composer is active, although the key gave an error, but it does nothing, there are no galleries, nothing to insert. This isn’t even REMOTELY like the demo or any of your videos. I am definitely going to need some help here, but I did not want to download the Demo to my live site. In the skins customizer there is no menu. Got to say this is just HORRIBLE.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

As stated by Tom, you need to disable the video via the following page:

WordPress Admin > Slide Set Manager ( on the left hand column ) > Edit the ‘Video’ Set > Within here you will find the slide that contains the video. You can edit this or delete it. The screencasts do show you how to use these.

If you’re still having issues, please provide your WordPress login details and support will take a look for you.

You do not have to activate the Visual Composer plugin, the Theme is bundled with a special licensed version, the activation is for users who have purchased it separately.

I am disappointed to hear you’re having a difficult time with this, from what you’ve mentioned above, the admin doesn’t seem quite right for some reason and the only way to confirm this and help further is if you provide your WordPress login details for us to take a look.

Christine Peacock
    Participant

Andy, Tom has been attentive and helpful. Even getting support the next day has not helped as I have made changes by that time. Initially I hosed the entire site and reinstalled my SQL to my hosting account with a fresh WP install, so there was nothing for Tom to look at. I got ServerPress and set up the site on my desktop and noone is getting access to that. I put the Demo on there to examine and play with it. Still there were problems, so I thought perhaps the other plugins were interfering because my theme did not provide the menu items or selections for customizing (that are shown in your exceptional video tuts), and deactivated them. The Visual Composer doesn’t work, I have no menus, there are no galleries. Honestly, this is not working out for me. If you want to respond to me and provide a secure way to give access to my admin so you can see what I’m talking about, that’s fine as I have put the theme back online without the DEMO, and don’t want the demo in my live site at all. This just isn’t working out and I need to get started with something that has all the components shown in product demos. I’m not slamming your hard work or your fine documentation, but seriously, it’s just not working.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

If you site is now online, please can you provide your login details so I can figure out exactly what is going on there. I am sure there is a logical explanation for this and it would be a great help if I could login, figure out what is wrong, then improve the documentation to help out with the issues you are experiencing.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christine Peacock
    Participant

Checked my email tonight, and got SPAM which is the same message as the 20 SPAMS that came in with the DEMO, so I guess when I brought that DEMO into my clients site I also brought in all the SPAMMERS that now have our address thanks to the DEMO. There were 20 messages that read just like this when I brought in that Demo, and I keep getting them. Here’s a sample…
    A new comment on the post “Hello world!” is waiting for your approval http://photoworks.pics/uncategorized/hello-world/

Author : Samantha (IP: 192.69.255.145 , 192.69.255.145) E-mail : tixlqk@hotmail.com
    URL : http://ju.cx/H0N
    Whois : http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/192.69.255.145
    Comment:
    I discovered your Hello world! | PhotoWorks page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a popular website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your niche. There is a company that you can get traffic from and they let you try their service for free. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my site. Visit them here: http://ju.cx/H0N

Approve it: http://photoworks.pics/wp-admin/comment.php?action=approve&c=2
    Trash it: http://photoworks.pics/wp-admin/comment.php?action=trash&c=2
    Spam it: http://photoworks.pics/wp-admin/comment.php?action=spam&c=2
    Currently 1 comment is waiting for approval. Please visit the moderation panel:
    http://photoworks.pics/wp-admin/edit-comments.php?comment_status=moderated

Shutting down the site seems to have reset or activated the Visual Composer. However, I don’t want to have to tinker around with the CSS and all the code that should make template pages fall into place properly. In the video tuts you show the skin being customized with transparency on the menu panel. In reality that doesnt’ work because the “About” page title shows up unter the ecom, social link, and etc. so I wasn’t able to have the transparent effect I wanted to use with a photo background. The email address for you returns undeliverable so I can’t send passcodes for you to check what’s wrong. Site address is http://www.photoworks.pics

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you. Under your reply, there is a tick box that says ‘Set as private reply’.

The comments were never approved so therefore they actually never existed as they were pending approval. They will not have your email address. This will be the WordPress admin alerting you that you have comments to approve. Whenever you have a comment pending, you will receive an email.
    However, your site is public and has the standard Hello World post with the comments turned on. Whether or not you had the theme installed or not, this is still open to bots that will spam sites as they look for this standard Hello World post on WordPress sites.

For future versions of the demo, these comments have been removed.

On the About page, the Collapse menu is selected so the content is shifted the left. You can turn this off by editing the page > scrolling down to Page Config tabs > Header / Menu > Collapse Menu, OFF.

Are you trying to change the transparency of the sidebar or the actual content background?

As mentioned above, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you. Under your reply, there is a tick box that says ‘Set as private reply’.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christine Peacock
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

As mentioned above, we are sorry about this and it has been recified for newer versions. The emails you would have got are just alerts from WordPress saying that these are pending. They cannot access your email etc. This is how WordPress is set up.

When you import the demo content via Appearance > Theme Options > Getting Started > Import demo content, you will get all of the pages, posts, galleries, media and menu already set up for you to then edit from there.

The basic options will be integrated ready for you to edit. If you do not import the demo content, you will need to create the site from scratch. These 2 options are provided so that users of the theme can either start from scratch or edit the existing content and have a site up almost immediately.

I can import the demo again for you and set it up in the same way as presented on the demo site. This way you can go in and edit / delete things from there. This is the easiest way to learn and use WordPress if you have not done so before.

We recommend using the plugin WooCommerce for selling products on your site as it integrates directly with the theme and you can also have digital downloads set up within it. For more information on using WooCommerce, please see their documentation here.

To recap, I can import the demo content and set it up to how you want it to look with the menu, pages looking correct etc. Just let me know and I will sort this for you.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.