Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Secondary Menu in Dock Bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • akmhou
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to add a simple secondary menu (Home, Blog and Contact Us) and a language selector in the Dock Bar on the right hand side? I would prefer to have it just before the Social Icons.

Let me know if this possible and some guidance on how to accomplish it. I’m still in the planning stage so there is no development site for me to send you login information.

Right now I’m looking for an answer on the possibility and the amount of customization I would need to do.

Thanks

Hi @akmhou

There are a lot of ways to achieve this.

One option is to first create the Menu, then go to Widgets and add the Custom Menu widget to wherever you want.

Another option is to use a menu plugin as this will enable you to add additional menus to your site.

Thanks!

akmhou
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Creating the secondary menu is not the problem. When you said “add the Custom Menu widget to wherever you want” are you referring to the Information Panel Widget? That only gives me the three options mentioned in the docs. I was trying to figure out how to add the secondary menu to the Dock Bar on the right hand side in addition to the the social icons while adding some text that would be floated left.
    Is that possible?

Thanks

Information Panel, Header and Dock Menu Panel are the only areas available via Widgets where you can add a secondary menu in the header area.

There is no easy way to add it beside the Social Icons. The best option would be to use a Custom Menu plugin.

Thanks!

akmhou
    Participant

Thanks for the additional information.

You’re welcome, @akmhou

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.