Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Serveral items – image in header not showing on ipad or smartphone

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Teresa
    Participant

Hello
    I am about to deliver a site but in meeting with my client, they showed me the site on their PC and Ipad. I added a large image per the client’s request in the header. It shows up on my mac and laptop.

Second issue: The phone number in the top left shows up white on mac and laptop. It’s clickable on iphone, ipads and shows up gray – same color gray as the header. Can I change the phone number to show white across all devices?

Third issues: Gallery limits. Can I adjust how many images show up in a slide set? On a couple of their galleries, I had to make 2 slide sets to get all the images to show.

Fourth: I’m not using the dropdown info box in the header. I’ve not put anything in it but the dropdown arrow still shows. Can this be turned off.

Fifth: Is there a way short of custom coding, to put the revolution slider in a different position on the page?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You have added the image as a logo so when you view it on an iPad, it will size down to the correct size. Please see the demo site to see how the logo is meant to be displayed. Normally logos are around 200x90px that fit in this area.

2. The phone number seems to display white on my iPad 2 just fine. I recommend resetting the browser cache on your iPad. Close down Safari, then double tap the home button and swipe Safari closed. Turn off your iPad and turn it back on and it should now have cleared all of the cache from the browser.

3. There is a server limit of 47 images within the slide set. We cannot adjust the code to change this as we have tried multiple times. It is unfortunately a server limit. Connecting 2 or more slide sets together is a way of getting around this.

4. You can turn off the drop down by going to Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Display Drop Panel, OFF.

5. You can use Visual Composer and add in the Revolution Slider element and place it anywhere on the page that way. You can also add custom CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Teresa
    Participant

Hi Tom
    1. I had their smaller logo there to begin with. They want to use their large banner from their old site. It appears for a second on my phone and ipad then disappears and shows a broken link. Suggestion on how to add the banner instead of via the logo and keep the sticky menu?

2. I reset my phone, changed the phone number to white text in admin. Still shows up gray. Where in the code or CSS can I change the banner color and phone number color?

3. thanks. I had already added a second gallery on the page. Just was hoping there was a way to have just 1.

4. Thanks didn’t see that.

5. I only see to turn on or off the rev slider. Where are the placement settings in the admin?

New item – Adding the PinIt for Pintrest – Is there a way to add this to individual images in a grid gallery? The one I added on each page pins the entire gallery.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. This is simply not possible to do. It is designed so that the logo fits within the header, not the header fits within the logo area. We could create some custom files for you, but this is classed as a customization. You can request customizations through the customization forum here.

2. You can use the following CSS to do so. .header-infobar .infobar-content {
    I have checked the code and it is white and it shows up white on my iPad too.

5. I am referring to Visual Composer within pages. You can add the Rev slider element and position it on the page within Visual composer.

There maybe a plugin you can use to add pintrest into the galleries but I am not knowledgable in this field so I recommend having a search either on CodeCanyon or the WordPress plugin repository.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Teresa
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Teresa,

I am not sure what else to suggest, the phone number is showing up white for me, the CSS is correct and I cannot see it in gray? Unless I can replicate this issue, I cannot provide anymore assistance. Sorry about that.

Tom

Teresa
    Participant

Thanks, will you make this thread as private please.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

I am not sure what you mean? Do you want me to remove the links from the original post?

Tom

Teresa
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.