Home / Forums / ePix Support / Setting up ecommerce for photographers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Mel Cieslik
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been trying to get some sort of e-commerce up and running for the past two days now. Woocommerce seems too clunky and is not working at all. So I went for something simpler like WP iSell and that does not seem to be compatible with ePix galleries or gallery sets.
    Do I need to use short codes, and what the hell are they?
    Essentially what I want to do is have a private gallery off my Shopping cart tab for each of my private clients to purchase their images from their portrait session. Woocommerce did not seem to work for this purpose as I needed to up load in bulk, so I got the additiional plug in for that purpose. Yet still the whole process in not coming together.
    Is there a step by step way in order to do this or is there a simpler ecommerce plugin that will transform my ePix galleries into ecommerce stores.
    Thanks in advance.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mel,

Only Woocommerce is currently full compatible with ePix. What exactly are you having issues with when setting up Woocommerce? It should look very nice on ePix. I found this post on the WP forums that may help you out regarding private products.

Unfortunately there is no way of adding a new ecommerce type to the galleries as this would be a huge amount of work. For more information regarding Woocommerce set up, please follow the documentation here.

Mel Cieslik
    Participant

Well I have lost the pages that originally came with the Woocommerce plugin and I cannot get them back. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Woocommerce, but they are not coming back. Pages such as cart, thank you, review order etc.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Woocommerce was not active within your plugins. Once active, you can then select the correct pages by going to Woocommerce > Pages.

As the message says, The following pages need selecting so that WooCommerce knows where they are. These pages should have been created upon installation of the plugin, if not you will need to create them. You will need to create the pages and then select them within the Woocommerce page options.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.