Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Several theme questions

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • David Poyser
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve got a few issues with the theme, that I hope can be resolved quickly. I’ve moved my work to this temp site before it goes live for you to see what I’m on about..

http://www.xds1.zeropitch.com/

1) I’m experiencing issues with VC when trying to use the text editor. The drop down’s don’t appear (well, technically they do, but they’re actually behind the editors screen, so you have to move it – found this by accident). I’ve read some other posts that say updating VC fixes this – I can;t see how to do this without registering a licence

2) The search screen is messed up – it doesn’t render the header, and I can’t see a way to fix it.

http://www.xds1.zeropitch.com/?s=gdpr

3) Similar header issue with the blog page, but sort of fixed, unless I try to add a sidebar, then the side bar renders off the page. This happens on the archive and the posts page. So I can’t add a categories or tag option to the archive page

4) The date on the blog posts is last edit date, not published date – can’t see a way to fix

5) Changing the H1 colour doesn’t seem to retain the change

6) Is there any way to add a border to the bottom of the header? Mine is set to white, and it gets ‘lost’ when you scroll the page

7) On the blog page, I’ve set the click to show more option – frequently, VC isn’t being invoked, so you get a shortcode description instead of the snippet of text

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi @xdsolutions

1) I think you are using WP version 4.8.1? We’ve received a few reports from other customers regarding this and the best option is to downgrade WP core version to 4.8. We will coordinate this issue with the developer but it is likely an issue with Visual Composer and not the theme.

Can you please your login credentials to I can personally check the issues you mentioned on items 2 to 7?

Regards,

David Poyser
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @xdsolutions

The credentials you provided does not have admin access, so I can’t check your theme settings. Can you please grant admin access to us?

Regards,

David Poyser
    Participant

Sorry about that. Done 🙂

David Poyser
    Participant

Hi – Did you have any luck getting to the bottom of the issues I’ve mentioned?

David Poyser
    Participant

Day 4… and still no feedback/help on the outstanding issues 🙁

Come on guys – you must have something for me by now?

Hi @xdsolutions

Each time you update the ticket, it resets the age, so I was assuming a new reply just came in and forgot to read through it.

1) Going back to your issue on the Paragraph Formatting dropdown, can you please update to the Visual Composer version that you can download from this link: http://acoda.com/tmp/js_composer.zip

It should contain the fix to this issue with the VC Paragraph Formatting drowdown on WP 4.8.1.

2 & 3.) The header is currently behaving this way because you have set the default header style to “Float”.

You can see this under Theme Options > Header> Floating Header. Pages like Search and Blog Archive page rely on this setting. The best option is to disable the Floating header, then only apply it manually to pages where you want the floating header.

4) I personally tested this and I do see the issue from our end. However, the issue only appears when the date is placed at the Metadata Area and works well when on the Title. I will coordinate this with the developer.

5) Which specific H1 on which page did you update? Please specify so I can look into it.

6) Copy and paste this CSS to add a bottom border to the header to Theme Options > Custom CSS
    #header {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    }

Adjust the size and color to your preference

7) I do not see the issue from our end.

Please elaborate further so we can check.

Regards,

David Poyser
    Participant

Brill. Thanks for the updates.

I’ll get to work on these now.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  David Poyser. Reason: More haste, less speed

David Poyser
    Participant

Hi,

So, here’s my progress.

1) Removed plugin & used the version you provided – all working correctly

2,3 & additional note on the 2nd update I made) Updated the header to disable float, then edit pages accordingly – all working correctly

4) still a problem. Not ideal, but the posts are int he right order at least.

5) Customize Skins > Body > h1 – This changes the title text on blog posts (it’s the only h1 set), so slide to white, the text changes. Click Save, & the change no longer works (although the colour is still set).

6) Thank you -that’s working perfectly

7) keep scrolling, once the initial rows have been loaded, I see this, no matter which browser I use (link to screenshot below):
    https://xpressdocumentsolutions.box.com/s/rx6xpaeyo63iziazqyrurdvkjnfnhn0l

8) you may have missed this one on my 2nd update. NEWS (the link in the main menu to the blog) still doesn’t stay highlighted when you click through to a post.

Thanks

Dave

Hi @xdsolutions

5) As I checked, there is another CSS that’s taking precedence over the style set when using Customize. The best option is to use CSS instead.

As a sample, you can use this CSS to set all H1 on the site to white:

.skinset-background .site-inwrap h1 {
        color: #ffffff;
    }

7) Thanks for elaborating. This is more of a bug on Visual Composer and not the theme. Anyway, I will coordinate this with the developer/

8) This will require a tweak because normally, a CSS class is added to the “current menu item” thus explaining the highlight. When opening a blog post, the page is basically not the “Blog” or “News” page, so none is highlighted. A workaround is explained here:
    https://www.johannesbader.ch/2013/12/wordpress-quick-tip-highlight-blog-menu-item-for-all-blog-pages/

Regards,

David Poyser
    Participant

HI,

Thanks for the update.

5) Thanks, I’ve made a note of this

7) Thanks, I’ll await the update

8) I’ve added the function from that link, worked out the correct element, and that seems to be working perfectly.

Did you get anywhere with number 4) – last edit date being displayed instead of post date?

Thanks

Dave

Hi @xdsolutions

I have coordinated issue #4 with the developer. I will get back to you once I have an update. As a workaround, you can enable the “Date Position” under the post title instead of the Metadara area, as it displays the correct date when set under the post title.

Regards,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.