Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Shortcode Image Gallery Title and Text

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • AeroComputers
    Participant

Is there any way to get the title and text overlayed on the images when using a shortcode? Currently I can get the title and text in the bottom bar that only pops up during a mouseover. I'd be happy with that or if I could get the text and title to overlay the image like in the first slide of the following page's stage gallery. (but not with the stage gallery theme background)

There seem to be conflicting settings all over the place.

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What gallery are you using? You can only have popup when you rollover the image. This page for example has title overlay option enabled http://dynamix.creativeworkz.co.uk/4-columns-sortable/

AeroComputers
    Participant

That would be the shortcode version of the image gallery. I'd love to be able to do:

1. Text overlay like shown on stage gallery first slide – http://dynamix.creativeworkz.co.uk/galleries-2/stage/

2. Text like in an accordian gallery with the slightly transparent div behind, but not responding to the mouseover but static.

The major goal is to be able to display the title AND text specified in the gallery slideset page at all times, not just with a mouse rollover.

Thanks!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You can add text overlay to any gallery now, including the image gallery (change within posts or gallery slide set -> stage content).

2. To hold it static would require a bit of custom work – you could try this bit of CSS but I think the JS will override it, add the following line to the style.css (add the bottom will be fine). 

.gallerywrap .title, .gallery-wrap .title {

display:block !Important; 

}

AeroComputers
    Participant

That does get me so much closer.

The panel appears in the up position with the slide and stays there. The only glitch is that if someone mouses out of the image, the panel drops off the image normally before blinking into place.

Is there another CSS setting I can override or is monkeying with javascript the only option?

Thanks again!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think you'll need to disable the js for it to work properly – doing that isn't such a straight forward ask. I'd have to write a bit of custom JS for this to work, unfortunately it would have to be chargeable. 

AeroComputers
    Participant

Give me a ballpark figure. I'd be happy to pay to have this feature's bugs worked out. I think you still have my email?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It's not really bugs as it's not supposed to do that but it will be a re-write of the script. Did you want the hover function at all or just simply display at all times when the overlay option is enabled? 

AeroComputers
    Participant

I would like it to just simply display at all times when the overlay option is enabled. If this could be an option in addition to the standard, that would be great, otherwise, jsut a simple overlay with no animation or hover function.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Having the option would be costly because it would involve changing the admin – but I can remove the animation and change the CSS. The standard fee is £30 – it will be a case of removing from the raw JS file, re-compressing it and changing the CSS and I'll send over the files. 

AeroComputers
    Participant

I would be happy to pay £30 for removing the animation from the text in an image slider. I don't need it as an option, standard is fine. I'll just donate below?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks, I have received it – I've just managed to get near the support. I'll sort for you this week. 

AeroComputers
    Participant

Just checking in on your progress?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

My apologies I forgot about this, I'll complete this between today and tomorrow. 

AeroComputers
    Participant

Thanks for the file. I set it up and its working well with the following exception:

i'm not sure but it appears that the tabs are no longer working? http://0344bca.netsolhost.com/products/ultichart/ it appears that the link to open the tab still works, but for some reason the link is not being activated or the page is not reloading?

Also, has this disabled the image captions?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.