Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Shortcodes not working anymore

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Steven
    Participant

The reveal shortcode has stopped working, all throughout my website it is showing raw text instead of the toggle reveal shortcode as it is meant to be seen. To try and combat this problem I upgraded my theme (from ersion 4 to version 5). This solved the shortcode issue, but now my site isn’t mobile responsive and the page is slightly falling apart. I would like to know how to fix the shortcode issue so I can switch back to version 4.

Cheers

Steven

Steven
    Participant

Sorry, ignore this post, I’ve figured out what the problem was. The W3 Total Cache plugin was conflicting with the theme’s responsive mode. I’ve deactivated it and it’s fine now on version 5.02.

Brian Wohn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Steven
    Participant

Switch to “WP Fastest Cache”. That worked for me.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

WP Fastest Cache is a much nice plugin. W3 Total Cache is very intrusive and seems to break media queries for responsive modes.

Brian Wohn
    Participant

Its just showing the raw text and not performing the shortcode? I turned off WP Super Cache – but still doesn’t work. Any ideas? Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi @bwohn234,

That’s the theme version. You need to update to the latest version ( 5.0.2 ) and then ensure that you update Visual Composer too, see here for updating VC. http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/

Brian Wohn
    Participant

That was it – so sorry, I should have thought of that. OK, but now another problem… usually when I update, I back up my RevSlider and have to reimport them. This update, I deleted RevSlider, reinstalled the new one and the slides were there. But, they don’t load properly on the page.
    hammerheadwoodworks.com

I tried to reimport them and still no load?

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s trying to load this image and fails: http://i2.wp.com/www.hammerheadwoodworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/HM05.jpg?resize=1200%2C250

It’s worth checking the slides to see if the image paths are correct still.

Brian Wohn
    Participant

Well, I checked all the links and even relinked that slide – none are loading. Not your fault, but I absolutely hate the new updated RevSlider. Hard to find anything in it anymore. I’ll just use Slide Set Manager – much easier to use. Unless you need to animate something, RevSlider is way over complicated. Thx!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I think they’ve upset a few people with the latest version, I’ve not come across anyone who likes it. The problem is it’s such a radical change from how it was before.

Brian Wohn
    Participant

I concur – thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.