Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Show portfolio problem, when using 'clean photography' demo code

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

This is another issue I ran into.

As said, I already made a lot of progress converting the old code into the ‘clean photography’ demo
    Because of that I have one more question.

I have created a page named ‘Portfolio’
    On this page there’s this option to click a button named ‘view portfolio’.
    When clicked, it takes you to a portfolio overview page with categories like [people], [animals] and [landscapes] and such.

Looking at how this was being built, I noticed that you have to build a query to get the categories to show.
    So, I made some categories like, [landschappen] (dutch for landscapes) and a few others
    After that, I tried to build a query by inserting (text) the category name, but somehow I can’t save that option.
    So on the Front end I’m looking at a portfolio page, which has two categories: [All] and [Variable]

Any idea how I can get my own categories to show up on this page? BTW, I only have one image attached to the [landschappen] category at the moment.

But I really like what you guys did with the Demo! Thumbs Up!

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so I can personally check your site?

Thanks!

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

Just sent my site’s url and login credentials by Email to info@acoda.com

If you have any questions, just let me know 🙂

Edwin

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

Update:

Did make some progress with my portfolio.
    I managed to pull of the following

In the portfolio categories, I created a category ‘landschappen’ (landscapes)
    It has a few images attached, by using the number id’s of these images and there’s a featured image, that is now shown on the page
    Unfortunately when clicked, it seems to stay in some sort of loop. By that I mean, that it stays on the same page.

The other problem with building a query to show content in my portfolio, is not solved yet. But I really tried 🙂

Thanks

Edwin

Hi @caeleth

We currently don’t have access to info@acoda.com. You may post your login credentials here, just make sure you set your reply to ‘private’.

Regards,

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @caeleth

We are unable to login to your Dashboard. The password/Username seems to be incorrect. Can you please check and give us the correct credentials?

Regards,

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @caeleth

I reviewed everything that you mentioned but I am having a hard time picturing out the issue, so let me try to explain everything based on what I see.

The category filter is actually working correctly on this page: http://zeeuwsdomein.nl/portfolio/ Only ‘Landschappen’ appears since all the the other categories are empty. The category name will only appear on the filter once there are items under each categories.

For the loop on ‘Landschappen’, I think this is happening due to conflict on the names you used. If you check on this page, http://zeeuwsdomein.nl/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=portfolio, you named the Portfolio item as ‘Landschappen’ and it is under the category ‘Landschappen’. Try to use another name for the portfolio item and check if that fixes the issue.

Thanks!

Edwin van der Veer
    Participant

Hi Edcel,

Thanks again for jumping into this 🙂

And yes, you’re right. I changed the portfolio item to a different name and voila, everything works as intended 🙂

Awesome support btw!

Cheers!

You’re welcome, @caeleth

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.