Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / showing exerpt in recent posts listing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Domien
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the “recent posts” element type on a page.In the listing (of the recent posts) the image from the recent posts is displayed, but I want to display as well the excerpt. Now I get: “…”. Do you know how I can achieve this?

thx a lot!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Domien,

Do you have a link to your site? You can increase the excerpt for the recent posts by editing the recent posts element and changing the excerpt limit in the pop up window.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Domien
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Domien
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Domien
    Participant

Ok it’s solved, I had to” uncheck Generate excerpts even if a post has a custom excerpt attached.” in the excerpt settings.

But now I have another question, for a grid gallery I set the post limit on 1. But it’s still showing all the posts instead of 1, any idea?

shot

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad you found it, was just about to suggest that!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Domien
    Participant

thx for your help!

Domien
    Participant

Another question regarding the grid galery. I have a category listing on my page. If I set the post limit to 1, it works well (so it’s showing only 1 result). But If I put “animated filtering” on it’s showing all the posts instead of 1.

Also I have set “sort post by” on random to show random posts at the listing on top, but it’s not giving random results, is it possible to show random post on top?

thx a lot!

Domien
    Participant

?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Domien,

The way the WP query works with the filtering is that the limit is ignored, it needs all the posts within those categories in order to filter through them correctly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.