Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Sidebar changes automatically

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Laura Frisby
    Participant

Hi,

I have included a forum on my website with bbPress and I have change sidebar2 to be related to the forums and forum topics. But when I search in the forum, or when I click on a forum or topic (basically, any time I do anything), the sidebar changes to sidebar1. I even tried changing the layout of forum page to fullwidth, but when I click on a topic, sidebar1 appears. Can you guide me on how I can solve this.

Also, I want each page to have a customized sidebar which is different from Home. For instance in Forums, the sidebar should show recent topics, but in Groups, the sidebar shows ‘most popular groups’… how can I do that? There’s only 2 sidebars in the theme.

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

You can create as many sidebars as you require via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Sidebars.

However, because Groups etc are not actual pages, they will inherit the global layout setting set in Appearance > Theme Options > BuddyPress > Page Layout.

The search will inherit the layout settings from Appearance > Theme Options > General > Page Layout.

You unfortunately can’t specify different layouts or sidebars for Groups, Forums etc. You can for “Normal” pages.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.