Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Sidebars and Widgets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi Andy and Tom,

My sidebars are looking pretty bad with all of the widgets blending together, no borders or separations.  The titles are the same font as the body of sidebar widgets and everything looks pretty unorganized.  Did I miss something where I have to configure them?  How can I get them to look nice?  I am sending you the same message via e-mail with my site login, so you can take a look.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

It looks like you are manually coding your ‘Recent Post’ element in your sidebar. To get the border, correct spacing and lines I would recommend using the Recent Posts widget.

Also, it looks like your gallery widget doesn’t have a data source which would be the reason for it not showing.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

If you go to the “Funds” tab I have the following widgets from the top:

(bbPress) Recent Replies (which doesn’t work)

(bbPress) Forums List

(BuddyPress) Recently Active Members

Recent posts

So, the top three you didn’t even notice because they blend together into a mess.  Is that a bbPress problem?  Should I upload dedicated plugins to do those tasks or is this a theme thing?

thanks,

Kristina

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

Some of it is because you’re using a widgetised sidebar, they’re not usually styled in the same way main sidebars are, is there any reason why you’re not using the page sidebar?

Other elements like the avatar, edit the DynamiX/style.css and locate the following:

#primary-wrapper .alignleft,
    .format-status .avatar,
    .mediawrap.alignleft,
    img.alignleft {
    float:left;margin:0 10px 10px 0;
    }

change to

#primary-wrapper .alignleft,
    .format-status .avatar,
    .avatar-block .item-avatar,
    .mediawrap.alignleft,
    img.alignleft {
    float:left;margin:0 10px 10px 0;
    }

I’m working with bbPress and BuddyPress currently, BuddyPress 1.7 no longer uses their own software to display forums ( or the option to ), it’s purely bbPress now. I’ll iron out any CSS issues.

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Thanks Andy,

Css changes worked and I switched to regular sidebar.

Cheers,

Kristina

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem, I’ve made lots of changes to the next version, all widgets should be supported now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.