Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site broke, would appreciate some help asap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi guys, i put a gallery in a column and the whole site just went loopy. All of the page options from the bottom of the page are on the ACTUAL page now ( page config, cocial, custom, skin etc.) and I can’t separate them out of a column.

It’s bizarre, i’ve logged out and back in again too.

I’ve put so much work just to get it to this point and i’m afraid it’s all busted now. Can someone message me back and i’ll get you a log in to look at it?

it seems to be only happening on pages and not posts too.

And again, all I did was create a small gallery and the whole thing went haywire after being ok for a minute or two

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

guys, by going into the classic editor, deleting everything after copying and then pasting it all back, it got sorted…., so ive managed to get a handle on this, but there’s a bug there i reckon.

The fear i had! fixed it now anyway….

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Ok guys there’s a serious problem with the theme. I jsut tried the gallery again above and the following is happening;

i have a page layout as follows

1.4 1/2 1/4

In the middle I have lots of styled boxes and text.
    on the left i have a pricing table, two columns.
    On the right column, and then in a whole new row, i tried to add a group gallery from a slide set I made.

The dynamix theme options keep jumping into the column after i try to add the gallery! Then i have to keep reverting to old revisions of the page or the problem stays.

this isnt supposed to happen right?

i can upload a screenshot but i see no way to do that. how do I do that?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Which browser are you currently using? Have you tried resetting your browser cache?

Can we get your login details so we can take a further look at your site? Please set your reply as private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

I don’t think the account you provided us with admin access as we cannot view or edit the page in question. We also cannot view the actual site.

Please let me know when this is sorted and we will take a look.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi Tom, it was set to editor – not admin – sorry about that. Changed to admin now.

Can you take another look as soon as you can? The fact i can’t put any galleries or accordians in is holding up design.

Thanks again

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

I’ve spent the afternoon on this and happy to report it’s now resolved. I’ll place the fixes into the next version of the Theme and you can update, but as this is an annoying issue, if you can send me your FTP details, I’ll happily update your site for you.

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi Andy,

glad i could help with the development mate. 😀

Very kind of you but no need to go to that trouble if the update is out soon? Will it be long?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

The next update will be released very soon, we cannot put a time on it as there may be other things that crop up.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi Tom,

are we talking weeks or days? I’m not looking for an exact number, just an indication.

Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hopefully within the next week.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Tom is this something I could do myself via ftp? Can you attach the offending file’s repllacement for me to replace?

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately Andy would have to upgrade the theme as there are quite a number of files that have been modified.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Ok Tom, thanks.

Those accordians working are integral to the design of the next phase on the site so really looking forward to update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.