Home / Forums / ePix Support / Site Crashing on Mobile Devices

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • zistudios
    Participant

Hello. I’ve noticed that my site continuously crashes on both my iphone 4S and my iPad 2. This has never been an issue in the past so I can only think it has something to do with memory management of the new template. Can you offer some assistance here. The page that consistently crashes is http://chameleonmuseenterprises.com/delaunfuller/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We think this is because of the gradient in the background. We can take a further look into this for you if you could please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

zistudios
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will need to refer to Andy on this one but unfortunately he is not in today. He will answer your question ASAP though. Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
    Tom

zistudios
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Andy is going to look at this today for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi DeLaun,

I’ve investigated this some more and it simply appears that some mobile browsers can’t handle semi-transparent background colors. I tried a different method ( both methods are 100% valid CSS ) and it made no difference. You’re more than welcome to try the file I changed and see if it has any affect for you.

Replace ePix/lib/inc/sub-functions.php with ( unzip first ):

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/epix/sub-functions.php.zip

zistudios
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll give that a try. One thing I don’t understand however…all other pages besides the blog listing page, display without issue. They also have transparent BG. Thoughts?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think this is due to the number of items on the page it has to load coupled with the transparent background. The iPad just cannot handle that amount of items to load unfortunately.

Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.