Home / Forums / ePix Support / Site hacked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Michèle DC
    Participant

Good evening!

I noticed I had 2 then 3 then 6 users logged in… but going to see who it was always linked to my IP…
    Then I saw that via the security plugin the % of security had gone down… and going through all the different options realised someone had succeeded in making an ‘admin’ user…
    After identifying the IPs that had been using it, changed pswd but wonder what else I need to change to make the site secure…and avoid any further bad occurrences ( Envato i.e.)
    You have any other ePix user experiencing the same? Pls help …

Thanks in advance,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not heard of WordPress sites being hacked since the very old versions of WordPress.

I recommend contacting your hosting company right away as they should be able to help you with this in finding out exactly what has happened. Check all of your plugins to make sure they are up to date and check that they are not corrupt that could have installed a virus.

Change your WP passwords and make them more secure.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michèle,

If your server company say they were hacked, they should be cleaning up the mess.

All I can recommend is resetting your password and completely removing the extra users that have been added to your site.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Hello Hello!
    Thanks for reverting Tom!
    Indeed but … voilà… they say the hacking did not affect the sites… it was aimed at retrieving personal data … sounds even worse, isn’t it 🙁
    So, yes I tried to cool down the beans & started with a back-up of DB & site, got rid of some plugins I wasn’t using, changed user & passwords and… went gardening for a while 🙂
    Just found some other creative ideas & shall try to focus on the writing part now a.o. the translations …
    Thanks again & have a nice week-end!
    Best greetings,
    Michèle DC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.