Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site is totally broken after updating Dynamix + WordPress, please help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hi, my site is totally broken after updating Dynamix and WordPress tonight. There are some problems on the front page, but single posts won’t even load! I need to fix this ASAP so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! When I try to load a single post I get “Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPBakeryShortCode_Socialwrap::startRow() in /home/content/09/7989909/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/inc/shortcodes/social-icons.php on line 116”

and on the front page the font looks different and there is an error near the top that reads “Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/09/7989909/html/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/blog.php on line 49”

I don’t know if it’s related to customization in the past or something but I’m willing to just totally overwrite the files to the Dynamix defaults at this point just to get the site working.

Also, this is kind of unrelated but I just updated Revolution Slider, and I really like one of the templates that they have under the new “Add Slider Template” thing. When I try to activate say the News Feed template though, it says that it is only available if I activate Slider Revolution. How do I activate that? Thanks!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

also my site is http://www.metalarcade.net, forgot that part haha. I put it in maintenance mode until I get it fixed though.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Should I maybe try to downgrade to my previous Dynamix install, I have the backup files on a hard drive? Or has this issue been figured out/ patched yet?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Please edit Dynamix/lib/inc/shortcodes/social-icons.php and remove the following line:

$output = $this->startRow($el_position) . $output . $this->endRow($el_position);

I’ll be providing an update asap. With regards to the blog page, please re-save the page and it should clear the issue.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try this now!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Those fixes appear to have worked, thanks! What about the last issue I had, with the Revolution Slider? Here it is again:

“Also, this is kind of unrelated but I just updated Revolution Slider, and I really like one of the templates that they have under the new “Add Slider Template” thing. When I try to activate say the News Feed template though, it says that it is only available if I activate Slider Revolution. How do I activate that? Thanks!”

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Also I’m seeing a new problem now, all posts from 2015 are no longer showing on the home/ blog page! It seems to think that is October 2014, as the posts that are showing are from then!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

One more thing, the circular “points/ score” thing in visual composer, which I have used for all our reviews in the past year or so, is no longer showing.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

One more problem I’m now seeing is that the Slider Revolution thing is not quite working right… I made a new slider and even deleted the old one but the old one is still somehow showing on the home page. I’m not seeing a code for that slider in the home page html so I have no idea how this could be? How do I fix this?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Are you using a caching plugin, have you cleared the cache and browser cache to see if that affects it.

If that’s not working, please post your WP login details, I’ll take a look for you.

Jason Bakker
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hey Andy did my previous reply work?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

I think I figured it out. After looking through a ton of settings I found that somehow in the update it got set to only display nintendo 3ds posts. Now I selected everything so it displays properly for me now.

My other question: in the new Slider Revolution I am trying to enable the NEWS slider template that is shown in their EXAMPLES page: http://revolution.themepunch.com/examples/

But I can’t seem to enable that, when I tried to download it through Slider Revolution it said something about that I needed to activate Slider Revolution on my setup or something, but isn’t it already activated? I know it says that the NEWS template is not a premium template so I should be able to enable it, right?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the delay, I’m currently moving house.

I’m not familiar with using these templates so I can’t give much advice. Are they definitely compatible with the new version of the plugin ( they’ve changed so much of it ).

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hey Andy, I would imagine so as they are still shown on the demo site. I actually just purchased Slider Revolution because I thought maybe it was something that could only be done with the premium version, when I purchased it in the downloads folder there were zips of some of the demos. I have one of them kind of working but I shot them a support ticket about it in the meantime.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.