Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site looking sloppy with 2.89 update, help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

Hey Andy, I just updated to 2.89, and a few things have been thrown off. If you go to this post – http://metalarcade.net/2012/04/astro-gaming-announces-new-a1-pro-gaming-headset/

You'll see that the sidebar is off, where it used to fit perfectly. I think I had to adjust the width or something somehow a while ago but I guess those changes were lost with the update. Also, on the bottom, there is now a related posts thing that I don;t remember being there before. I actually think that's a cool idea, but it looks super sloppy, do I need to fix something in the coding?

One last thing, I had a code in the last version to automatically enable showing the author bylines on all posts, but now that has been disabled. Can you help me get that up and running again? Thanks!

keyhanjun
    Participant
    Hi,

to fix your sidebar problem please change the following in your style.css (http://metalarcade.net/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/style.css):

1. on line 375 change:

.out-threequarter {

width: 73%;

}

to:

.out-threequarter {

width: 63%;

}

2. on line 373 change:

.out-quarter {

width: 27%;

}

to:

.out-quarter {

width: 37%;

}

For the future the best thing would be to use the Child theme. This way you will not loose any css modifications you made when updating the theme.

Maybe Andy has a better solution but this should fix your sidebar problem. 😉

Good luck.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

My apologies for these issues – 2.8.9 seems to be missing a few things which I was sure I checked and implmented… 

Not sure what you changed with the side bar. But with regards to the related posts – edit style.css

Search for

#related_posts 

cahnge to the following (note the #content before ) 

#content #related_posts li {

float:left;

width:110px;

margin:5px;

}

Let me know if that works – you'll also see an option in Blog Settings now for displaying the author but it also has a couple of teething issues which I'm sorting. 2.9 will be out shortly. 

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks Andy! The fix for the related posts worked, looks good now. Where exactly is the Blog Settings you are talking about located?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

And thanks keyhayjun for that sidebar fix! Only thing, Andy, is that after that sidebar fix now the related posts thing is a bit off. Is there a way to make it so only 4 related posts are shown instead of 5? Because the way it is now, the 5th one is awkwardly positioned underneath the others… look at this post to see what I mean – http://metalarcade.net/2012/04/wrath-of-the-titans-movie-review/

thanks again!

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Bump

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Please don't bump – I'll get round to it eventually. 

Edit DynamiX/single.php – search for 

'posts_per_page'=>5, // Number of related posts that will be shown.

change to

'posts_per_page'=>4, // Number of related posts that will be shown.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Thanks! That worked. Sorry for the bump I won't do that anymore.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.