Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site not displaying correctly in Internet Explorer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Kristina Gaddy
    Participant

Hi,
    Our WordPress site is not displaying properly in Internet Explorer. It looks fine in Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome. I reverted back to a backup I had of the style sheet from a month ago, but it doesn’t seem to help. Any ideas? I read in another forum that it might be theme-related, or it might not be.

http://larkinhospital.com/site/

Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

What version of IE are you testing in? It looks like the 3 images on your homepage could disrupt IE as it seems to dislike elements like that. Very annoying!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kristina Gaddy
    Participant

Tom,

Thanks for your response! I am using IE 8. You’re right about the 3 “services” images not displaying correctly… but also the site is not even aligned properly in the browser. It should be centered, as it is in Firefox/Safari/Chrome, but it’s over to the left, and the right side bar is pushed down. I am wondering if this is a widget issue? When I test in IE, it says that there is a javascript error in Events, a widget that is installed in my sidebar. But how does that account for the rest of the formatting problems?

-Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

What version of DynamiX are you currently using and which version of WordPress are you on?

I would recommend de-activating each of your plugins one by one to see if one is conflicting to cause this issue too.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kristina Gaddy
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I’m not sure which version of Dynamix I am using…how can I tell? I am using WordPress 3.5.2.

I thought that the formatting problem might be the Style sheet, so I did a file compare of the current style sheet I am using and an original I saved when the Dynamix theme was first downloaded. Very little is different…just a few width values that I changed. I will start de-activating each of the plug-ins one by one to see if this helps. It is very strange!

I have read in other forums that the test version of Dynamix displays nicely in Internet Explorer, but after doing a file compare of the style sheet, I know that I haven’t changed something that should not have been changed.

Are any of you out there using Internet Explorer 8 or 9? If so, go to http://www.larkinhospital.com and tell me if you see a messed up website!

Thanks,
    -Kristina

Kristina Gaddy
    Participant

P.S. Some WordPress help forums are saying that these alignment issues can be caused when there are errors in the source code. I tried validating the Style sheet, and it said there were SO MANY errors, but after doing the file compare, I can say with certainty that I am using the same style sheet as the original Dynamix theme download.

A little more background is that the site looks fine in IE6, messed up in IE7, 8, and 9, and fine again in IE10. The terrible irony is that 52% of our visitors are using IE8!

-Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

If you navigate to Appearance > Themes you will see DynamiX and the theme version. I cannot see which version you are using as it looks like it has been removed from the top of the style.css file.

If the version isn’t 3.1 or above, I would recommend updating. Please see here for information on upgrading using the Envato plugin.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Tom

Sasha Eidelma
    Participant

Hi Tom, I have same problem with IE.
    http://www.wedding-photo.co.il

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Sasha,

Which version of IE are you currently testing in and what exactly is the issue?

Are you using the latest version of DynamiX and WordPress too?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Sasha Eidelma
    Participant

I’m sorry, I using Epix theme.
    IE9 and IE10
    The menu bar not displaying, no cross fade between images.
    Thank you.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Sasha,

Please post in the appropriate forum for ePix here. Please also reply with your login details and we will take a further look into this for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Sasha Eidelma
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just tested this in IE9 and 10 and the image fade works and so does the menu.

Tom

Sasha Eidelma
    Participant

Hi,
    I recieve an error: “a problem displaying caused internet explorer to refresh the webpage using compatibility”
    I changed the settings of IE like explaned here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11 but it’s not solved the problem.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It says on the site “Not all website display problems are caused by browser incompatibility. Interrupted Internet connections, heavy traffic, or problems with the website can also affect how a page is displayed.”

The site seems fine so I can only presume it is an interrupted internet connection. We have had no one else report this before.

I recommend not using IE, as it renders sites very badly and causing many silly little issues. Try using Chrome as you will be surprised how sites actually look and function.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.