My site https://www.timhenselphotography.com isn’t displaying properly on Windows computers it would seem.
I’ve tested it with two different laptops, and with Chrome and Firefox. The Headings font isn’t loading (it’s defaulted back to Times New Roman by the look of it) and the background slider at the top is blank. For now, I’ve replaced the slider with a static image which does display, just so there’s something there while we sort this out.
The same problems don’t occur on my mac.
Windows Screenshot: https://www.timhenselphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/windows.jpg
I’m creating you a username, in a private message below.
I’ve tested it again, and had a college look at it too with his Windows machine and send me screenshots. Same issue. The header and menu fonts don’t appear to be loading on some windows computers – odd that yours appears unaffected. I’ve tried three different machines in three locations now, all with the same issue. Chrome and Firefox appear the same.
Also If I use a slideshow instead of a static image as the background on the top row that doesn’t display either.
Again, this only appears to be on the homepage, the others are fine. I’ve tried disabling certain plugins and so on, but to no avail.
I can’t think what might be causing the issue – this is beyond my ken I’m afraid!
What Windows version are you currently using?
….although that wouldn’t explain the mobile menu being missing of course. Might be related though.
A little further thinking reveals that it appears to be affecting pages which have had their slugs edited, and also any new pages I create. “Old” pages which are unedited in this way aren’t affected (e.g. the About page)
I also tried installing an earlier version of VC to see if that changed anything, but it didn’t.
That’s all I can think of for now….
You’ll be pleased to know I’ve fixed it!
For reference, it was the http/https issue that was stopping the fonts displaying. I found a setting in my Cloudflare plugin to rewrite these (although I tried disabling cloudflare altogether earlier and that didn’t work) and it solved the problem. The background slider works again too, so I can only assume that this uses some similar code somewhere along the line.
The menu disappearing on mobile was unrelated as it turns out. I’d somehow managed to check the dock bar radio button to off.
Anyway, all seems well for now.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.