Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site pages show as text in browser

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Elaine Gambiani
    Participant

I an having problems with the page displaying in browsers showing text instead displaying the pages graphics. the pages were created with the visual editor.

Here is a screen capture: https://app.box.com/s/5bks86vkgc7i0y496jcg.

It happens intermittently throughout the day. Any insights you would have would be appreciated.
    Thank you for your help.

Elaine

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine,

Are you switching to the Classic Editor sometimes? If you are you will need to do it in the following sequence so that things don’t go sour.

Switch to Classic Editor > Text tab > Edit the code > Switch to Visual tab > Visual Composer.

If that doesn’t solve things, which version of DynamiX are you using? And which version of WordPress are you using?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Elaine Gambiani
    Participant

We do you text and visual editor sometimes. We have several users. We post to the blog with the classic and create pages with the visual editor. This is occurring on pages that have been created in the past and are not being edited. They are switching on their own.
    We are using dynamix 3.0.5 and wordpress 3.6.

Elaine

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine,

It looks like someone is saving the page in the Visual or Text view, causing the page to show the code. You will need to switch back to Visual Composer before saving a page to make sure this doesn’t happen.

Please let me know if this solves things. It might be worth letting all of your users know about the sequence that I mentioned above if they are switching to the Text view.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Elaine Gambiani
    Participant

I thought that could be the problem too, but it is happening to pages that have been created a while ago and no one is editing. This morning my home page was text when I opened it, but no one had been on the site.

Do you think that if someone uses classic editor for a post that it would alter previously existing pages? I know this is strange, but do you have any idea other than someone saving the page that could be causing this. Maybe it is something besides the theme if no one else has had this issue.

Elaine

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Elaine,

This sounds very strange, could you please provide me with login details to your site and links to the pages this is happening on?

Please set your reply to private when posting login details too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.