Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site Speed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jonathan
    Participant

Hi – Can you recommend some ways to speed up my site? http://www.gmansales.com.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jonathan,

First, please complete the following fix for a missing file here. As this should speed up the site slightly.

How many plugins do you have in your install? Do you have any caching plugins installed? It looks like your code has been minified and looks like it is doing more bad than good currently.

Tom

Jonathan
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Tom. I completed the font awesome fix. I have 12 active plug ins, including a caching plug in (W3 Total Cache). I’ve been playing with the W3 settings and have made some improvements but I’d like know if anything else can be done. Right now I only have minify on for HTML and XML. I had image resizeing issue when I had it on for JS and CSS.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Your site is now loading up very quick, under 1 1/2 seconds. Check the results here.

The only thing that is slowing it down a bit is the xhatch twitter plugin, you can see that from the long yellow bar. Apart from that, it is a very speedy site!

Tom

Jonathan
    Participant

Tom – Thanks for your help/input here. One last question. Is there a way to lazy load a large picture gallery (or some other method of having the page load quicker)?

Thanks.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Lazy load is not built into DynamiX but there are plugins that you can use, have a search in the WordPress plugin repository here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.