Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Site Title & Tagline

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • James Wright
    Participant

Hi Tom-

Question, am I the only person who wants the Site Title & Tagline blank (not shown)? I ask because I wasn’t able to find the option in the theme nor in the discussion area for help to turn it off. What I’ve been doing is just not entering it BUT a friend just pointed out to me that by not entering anything at all, I am not taking advantage of obvious SEO optimization. Can you share with me your thoughts? My site is http://JamesWantsToKnowYou.com.

Thanks!
    James

Phil May
    Participant

this is found under appearance>customize, not theme options

James Wright
    Participant

Hi Phil-

Yes, I think you missed the question. I know where the setting is to enter it. I’m saying, I want to be able to enter the information but not have it show up on the main page. And I only want it entered because of SEO optimization (if that makes sense). Currently, at least from what I’m looking at, if you enter the information in the site title & tagline section, it shows up on the main page (which again, I don’t want there — I only want the information viewable for search engines). My site is http://JamesWantsToKnowYou.com

Thanks!
    James

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

You can hide both with CSS but it is not recommended as Google will not crawl over something that is hidden. Is it the first thing search engines crawl over and quite important if you do not have a logo. Google will still crawl the text and description added to the site from this though.

If you upload a logo, it will hide the text automatically and engines will crawl both. I recommend having either the text there or a logo.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

James Wright
    Participant

Thanks Tom — perfect timing considering I just solidified a firm to work on my logo. Thanks for all of your help!

James

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.