Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / size of theme seems to be an issuse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • steve macdonald
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I need help im getting a size error when trying to upload a theme to my wordpress. I have followed the instructions through FTP, the plug in and the direct rar filed version but still no success any ideas on how to fix the problem

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini. thats what im getting when trying to install cheers

any ideas on how to fix this problem

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

When using FTP, have you already open the zip file before transferring the files to your site?

What happens when you install the Envato plugin? Do you get an error?

Kind regards,
    Tom

steve macdonald
    Participant

I had a friend try and do it for me the FTP way and his was coming up with errors also.

When I try the plug in I also get an error.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Something doesn’t sound right here. Please can you list the exact steps you are doing to install the theme please?

What happens when you install the Envato plugin? Do you get an error?

Kind regards,
    Tom

steve macdonald
    Participant

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

That is the error im getting when doing it with the plug in

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

that is the error im getting when i do it the standards way

and im not sure about the fpt way my friend did that for me but there was an error with that also

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

As Tom suggests, something is amiss here, it’s very rare you would have issues with both Envato plugin and FTP. When FTP’ing, ensure you’re only uploading the DynamiX folder and not the entire DynamiX-WordPress.

It will not work with the WordPress admin option as your server is set to 2mb, the theme is over this amount.

The Envato plugin is by far the easiest method, what happens when you install that? If you install the Envato plugin and enter your ThemeForest account details, I’ll be happy to login and take a look for you.

I’d require your WP login details once you’ve installed it and set it up.

steve macdonald
    Participant

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

The above is what happens when this i try and install the envato plugin

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Can you post your WP login details please. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.