Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Slide Set Manager lost Press Permit permissions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • floopty
    Participant

Hi –

I’m kind of in a little panic. I don’t know when this occurred, but I use a permissions plugin called Press Permit to give specific users access to areas of a website. For the last 3 years, I’ve always had the option to control user permissions within the “Slide Set Manager” utilizing Press Permit. Can you let me know if there was a drastic change in coding of the Slide Set Manager within the last update? Press Permit always worked natively with it. I don’t know whether this became broken due to a theme or Press Permit update. I just know that I’m in a panic because a few school websites recently lost this important ability. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  floopty.

floopty
    Participant

Here is an update… Apparently the register_post_type call (for slide-sets) changed to no longer set public=true. I think this was changed in the last theme update. The author from Press Permit added this to the functions.php file and IT’S NOW FIXED!! 🙂 It would be great if this was added back in on future updates.

// ====== Kevin B: set Slide Sets type to public so Press Permit can filter it =======
    add_action( ‘registered_post_type’, ‘my_slide_sets_type_fix’ );

function my_slide_sets_type_fix( $post_type ) {
    if ( ‘slide-sets’ == $post_type ) {
    global $wp_post_types;
    $wp_post_types[‘slide-sets’]->public = true;
    }
    }

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  floopty.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s interesting, I don’t believe I changed that. I’ll take a look and i’ll make the change for the next update.

floopty
    Participant

Great! Thanks Andy! “Slide Set Manager” is so awesome; and having it this way allows so many more awesome ideas in using it.

btw, I hope Slide Set Manager will someday support Video Press as another supported video to embed.

Thanks for all that you do-
    Michael

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.