Home / Forums / ePix Support / Slide Set Manager / Slide Options / no Titel & Description taken from Image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • chris edelmann
    Participant

hi there,
    I have a question about the Slide Set Manager / Slide Options. I always import my images to WordPress with Title and Description. There is no problem as I can see this Titel and Description under the WordPress Media section for every single image.

Now before I click these images in the Slide Set Manager to drag and arrange them for a new slider, I can also see the Image-Title on mouse-over in the bottom bar but no Title and/or describtion ist taken to the Slide Options. Every input field from the Slide Options is empty after I dragged and arranged an image.

Sorry but for me this is a bug. I would like to import hundrets of images to this theme and with that issue I have to put in the Title & Description for every single image manually? Or is there something I’ve overlooked?

greetings

chris

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

This isn’t a bug as the Slide Set Manager is a completely separate module to WordPress and is custom built. You will have to enter the title and description again when using the SSM. It is on the dev list to enable a button to take the title and description from the image.

Kind regards,
    Tom

chris edelmann
    Participant

hi Tom,
    thanx for the quick answer altough I don’t like it :)… you say the SSM is completely separate, but the Title of an image is displayed on MouseOver before I drag and arrange it. So the image AND its title is imported to the SSM correctly but gets lost on the way to its placement.

So there is maybe no bug but something important is missing. Let us say it’s incomplete.

To fix that would be very cool …. and powerfull … 🙂
    “ePix is a powerful multi-purpose / fullscreen responsive photography WordPress theme”

greetings

Chris

chris edelmann
    Participant

hi Tom,
    maybe you can help me out with this…
    is there a simple chance to replace the theme-lightbox with one I downloaded as plugin into wordpress?

greetings

chris

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

It depends which plugin you are trying to use instead. As this is not a standard theme option it will be classed a customization. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.