Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Slide Set Manager

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Rupert Weis
    Participant

The slide set manager does not show the files in the media gallery – what to do? Is there a way to refresh. Can it be cache problem?

What happened:
    I tested it with only a few  images. Worked perfectly well. Now, as I uploaded a number of images, there are still only the ones to see, which I uploaded three days ago. Other uploads are completly missing.

Any idea, what to do?

Regards, Rupert

Rupert Weis
    Participant

Already solved it myself. It seems some plugins I tested caused trouble with the js library. So I had to set up the whole thing new. Now it works.

Regards

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

Glad you solved the issue. Just for reference, which plugin was causing problems?

Kind regards,

Tom

Rupert Weis
    Participant

Hi,
    actually the problem is NOT solved and it drives me crazy.
    Installed all the stuff new – but had it again after some time. It drives me nuts as in each new installation I loose drop panel and footer and some other stuff has gone to default settings.
    And most of all – I can not work with the visual composer, the slide set manager and so on. It makes the whole thing very annoying as it feels I am back to standards before WP3.
    HELP!
    I have no idea anymore where the bug comes in.
    Regards, Rupert

Rupert Weis
    Participant

It must be definitely something wit the visual composer.
    It worked well for a while. Then I did a copy and paste from the demo I have installed. Here it told me that this is made with old settings of VC – and I was in trouble.
    On the site it worked. In the WP media gallery also everything is fine. But in every way I use VC I see only the slides I updated at my very first tests. About 100 pics are not to see and use!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

If you’re losing drop panel / footer widgets, it normally means that either the theme name is changing or something else with the installation is different.

If you use the Envato plugin, you definitely wouldn’t have this issue.

I’m not following with regards to the WP media gallery and the VC. If you want to post your WP login details, we’ll login and see what is potentially going on. ( click Set as private reply with your details in )

Please also provide pages where you’re having issues, thanks.

Rupert Weis
    Participant

Hi Andy, losing stuff is caused through activating / deactivating theme and plugins. I am aware about this and this would not be the problem.
    The problem is the one described above. My slide manager does not show slides I uploaded. That also happens with any other gallery or single image as soon as I work in the visual composer mode.
    Means here it does not get, what pictures I uploaded. So here is the problem.
    (The other stuff happens because I now tried all different ways to get this back – including installing the whole thing again.)

Would be really great to find solution here, as it limits the options to work with the theme a lot.

Regards, Rupert

Rupert Weis
    Participant

ps. can also send you my login data if you want to have a look inside

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’d need to take a look, I’ve not had any other reports of this kind, can you post your wp login details and we’ll take a look asap.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if I’m missing something but I’ve added a gallery fine using the visual composer, see the page “test_remove”.

Rupert Weis
    Participant

Hi, the thing itself works fine. If there are pics there!
    The point is – I upload pictures and can not see them. For instance if I want to do a new slide show (not taking it from all the pics, but choosing) I see only 6 or 7 pics. I had about 100 online (now there are a few less, as I removed them). They are not to see.
    If you for instance upload 10 pics, choose one and then later try choose a second one – its not to see. But it is there if I look in the WP library.
    Do you get my point – I do not know, how to explain this better.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

Is this the method you are using to add images into your slide sets?
    See here.

Where have you uploaded them, are the images in the Media > Media Library? Is that where you mean they are missing from? I am confused as to where the images are going missing?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Rupert Weis
    Participant

sorrry, yesterday we had a public holiday here, so my response is little late.

Yes, the example is what I use. But anyway what I use – usually it seems the images I see are same. In WP library or with this method. As you say, it takes the existing data and converts it. Here it does not, and I am also confused, where are they gone.

Even more, if I create a single image with the widgets in visual composer mode, I often load 3 or 4 images as I know I will use them soon. What happens then is, I can see these images when I upload them. So I will insert one of them. But if I want to create another single image, the next time, there is no image to see. Its as I would have not uploaded them. I always see only the same few pictures.

Same happens with galleries and so on. I will send a screenshot and hope it makes it more clear what I mean.

Regards, Rupert

Rupert Weis
    Participant

http://develop.touching-indias-heart.de/?page_id=285

here you can see some screenviews, which hopefully make it more clear what I mean

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

That suggests to me that either your server isn’t creating the images you’re uploading correctly or wordpress needs to be re-installed. I don’t believe it’s theme related as even in the Slide Set manager, the bottom part uses WordPress functions to pull in the media library images.

It’s worth trying to re-install wordpress, if that doesn’t work, I’d contact your hosting to see if there is an error_log suggesting what the issue is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.