Home / Forums / ePix Support / Slideset manager bulk edit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Geoff Janes
    Participant

Is there a way to bulk edit images through the slide-set manager. I have moved to the epix theme, but it strikes me that there is no easy way to caption a lot of images quickly and easily. Even a button that lets you move between pictures would be welcome!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff,

There is no direct way of doing this but it is possible to do but it will require you looking at the xml file.

If you edit a slide set > goto “Screen Options” top right and enable “Custom Fields”. Scroll right to the bottom of the page and you should see the XML data. Copy that XML and use a site like this:

http://xmlgrid.net

Paste in the data and you can edit it and should be able to copy it back in and save. Test with a blank slide set first.

I hope that helps?

Geoff Janes
    Participant

I tried this method using TextWrangler in the end. However, when I copy the xml data back and save, it deletes the edits I made to the filter tag. Any ideas?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff,

TextWrangler might be taking out all of the formatting, I recommend using the link above as it should keep the same formatting.

Other than that, I do not know another way of doing this, sorry.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Dimitrios Avouris
    Participant

Same problem here. XML data not working.
    Even when I copy all the data from one post then create a new and paste it in the appropriate field, the new post does not update.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems that the WordPress function is no longer working correctly for updating custom fields. I am not sure why this is but it does not update existing custom fields also. I think that WordPress have broken this function somehow.

Sorry I cannot be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.