Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Slideset manager : max 47 slides

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Hello,

I have a problem with the slide set manager as it won’t admit more than 47 slides. I saw in the forum that I am not the only one with this problem, but could not find a post sayin how to resolve this problem.

I need to add as many slides as I need, so what can I do ?

Thanks for your help

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

On the latest version of DynamiX, this should be fixed. Which version are you currently using? For information on updating, please see the documentation here.

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Hello and thanks for your answer.
    I am using the previous version, and don’t really intend to upgrade as I am using your theme for an intranet, and the system is stable, and not using wordpress latest version.
    So maybe you can guide me so I can fix this myself ?
    thanks for your help

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately there were too many files changed to simply guide you through it, it it were that easy I would have tried to help you through it. But there were so many things changed, updating the theme is by far the safest route to go.

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

hello,

Ah, this is bad news for me, really…. Well, I’ll have to find a way around this..

thanks anyway,

Bye

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Hello,

I finally upgraded to the latest version, and it is still not working over 47 slides…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will ask Andy about this again tomorrow. For now, I recommend splitting up the slides and using 2 with say 30 or so instead. When editing your gallery, you can select more than one thus linking them together.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The cap is due to the computer and internenet connection. It will struggle from then on. It is recommended to split slide sets up as mentioned above.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

This is not really satisfactory…..

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mairie,

There isn’t really much I can do about it, because the Slide Sets have more options over standard WordPress gallery images etc, it requires etc memory. Handling that many on screen at one time requires lots of memory and process power. One method I’m looking at is loading more images in via Ajax as you scroll down.

However I’m not sure what is not satisfactory about creating multiple slide sets and then selecting them all in the Gallery options?

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

I am working on this, thanks for your support and explanation. this is not satisfactory compared to the system we actually use, long to explain……I don’t say the theme is not good, just my boss hassles me. HELP !!!

🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately this is not a simple fix, but a solution is being worked on. As soon as it is ready, you will be the first to test it.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Thanks Tom, I am working on pacificating my boss..
    Bye

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.