Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Slideset Manager

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Splendor
    Participant

Hi,

I have a question about the Slideset manager, by adding for example a slideset called showreel, where i stuff all the pictures i want. Later i add a post with a grid gallery, how can i target id:3035 attachment to that grid-gallery or other gallery if only want certain types of pictures in that specific post?

Best Regards

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortuantely this is not possible to do, I recommend simply setting up new slidesets containing the images you want to appear within a gallery. You can upload all of your images via the Media Uploader within WordPress then pick and choose which images will go into a particular slide set.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Splendor
    Participant

Oki, i understand. Is it another way to target pictures by attachment id, with the different galleries or other methods? Otherwise i will have plenty of slideset for everything.

Best Regards

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can select to Attached ID as a datasource when creating your galleries, this may be what you are looking for? But you cannot mix both Attached IDs and Slide Sets for example.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Splendor
    Participant

oki, i’ll check that out with the grid gallery. Yes, attached media as datasource. Then i add the id numbers, 4046,4047,4048 but it doesn’t work..hmm..

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The attached ID, should be the post or page ID that the image is attached to. You will have to navigate to the post or page to find the ID. When editing the post or page, the id will be located in the address bar.

I have just tested this method within a grid gallery and it works fine for me.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Splendor
    Participant

Hi,

Oki, but i want to target specific pictures. For example in the wordpress media, you have id:s for everything. I want to target specific pictures by ids to my gallery. if i need to add different pages or slideset all the time for 3 pictures per post. It isn’t maybe the best idea. The easiest solution is adding one slideset per post. You should look how Royalslider fix this problem, i use it in an another site. So what is attached media as datasource? I don’t understand how that works.

Best Regards

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

For this instance, I recommend using the Slide Set manager as it is much easier than fiddling with attached media and IDs. The Attached Media datasource is the ID of the post that the IDs are attached to. If you attached 5 images to a post, this post ID will be entered into the attached media datasource field.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.