Home / Forums / ePix Support / Slideset options and custom thumbnails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Fabio
    Participant

Hi,

I was going through the options in the slideset and I noticed that my version doesn’t have the same options I see in your video “Slider Set Manager Screencast”. Perhaps I’m making some kind of stupid mistake but basically I don’t see the stage gallery and 3d gallery tabs, as well as options inside the extras tab (for example timthumb crop).

I was looking at this because I was wondering if it was possible to have custom thumbnails for the gallery or even single images that use the ligthbox. Some of my images don’t look that nice when just resized and cropped (as the normal behavior of the theme is) so it would be great to be able to customize the thumbs.
    I think the Fancybox plugin supports this but perhaps it’s not a feature exposed in your theme, if so it is possible to do it (perhaps with some custom code) or would you consider adding such a feature in a future version?

Thank you very much for you help

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Fabio,

The screencast was taken just before a few options got removed, hence the lack of options. Sorry about this.

You can set this up when creating your gallery. Once you have used the slide set manager to manage your images, head over to a page and create a gallery. Select Slide Sets as the data source and select lightbox.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Fabio
    Participant

Hey Tom,

The gallery setup with the slideset was already working fine for me.
    Perhaps I didn’t explain myself correctly but what I’m looking for is the possibility to have custom thumbnails for those images. Basically the image displayed in the gallery would be different from the one opened inside the lightbox once the user clicks on it.
    Right now the images are other full or cropped from the center and that doesn’t give the ideal result in my situation.

I thought it was possible to setup that behavior in the options you said that were removed but is there a way to have the effect I described?
    I’m not home now but if you want later I can upload an image to describe better what I mean, if you think it can help.

Cheers,
    Fabio

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Fabio,

With the current theme options it is not possible to have different thumbnails to the main picture. But I will ask Andy if it can be done as a customization.

Yes, a screenshot of what you mean would be a great help.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Fabio
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thanks for getting back to me. It would be great to have this possibility with the images.
    As promised here is a quick example of what I would like to achieve. I’m using one of the theme example images as example.

Example

I hope this clarifies a bit better, but if you have further question please let me know.
    Thanks again and I hope it’s something not too complex to implement 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok great thank you. I will suggest this to Andy today.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Fabio
    Participant

Thanks a lot Tom,
    I look forward to the next version of your great theme and I hope Andy will be able to integrate this feature. It would be great.
    Thanks again for all the help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.