Home / Forums / ePix Support / Sliding Text

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
  • Lon Gross
    Participant

I want to setup testimonials on a slide, what is the best way to do this?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is a little complex but looks great once its done.

First, create your posts with your testimonial in and set the post type to Quote on the right hand side.
    Create a new category and select the same one for each of your quote posts.
    Edit your page > Using Visual Composer, Insert Stage Gallery

Use the following options.
    Data Source, Post Categories
    Select Category
    Filter by Post, Quote
    Add a width
    Scroll Horizontal

Save and preview.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

1. Double check you have not added anything like a divider line under the gallery or within the posts.

2. You should either be able to change the color within each post or adjust the color via the Skin Customizer at Appearance > Customize.

3. I am not sure what is happening here, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

Unfortunately that is just the way the carousel gallery is set up, as the ratio of the images is different to other galleries it will crop them a bit. You do have the option to change up the ratio of the carousel gallery which may help you out a bit. I recommend changing these up a bit to see if that helps you out.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by gallery carousel? Do you mean the one that is built into Visual Composer called ‘Image Carousel’ or the ‘Carousel Slider’ built by themeva? Sorry slightly confused by this. You can have multiple Carousel Sliders on the page if you select different gallery IDs for each.

Unfortunately this is not possible to do as the controls are added by Vimeo not the theme and if we changed the z-index of the slide out titles, it would go behind the whole video not just the fullscreen button.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant

Thanks for your response Tom. I need to keep the option to fullscreen the videos, so what is the best way to label my videos if I am displaying them in a group gallery format (where they slide in and out)?

Cheers,

Lon

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

Andy has come up with a piece of CSS for you that you can add to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.caption-high .caption-wrap {bottom:40px;}

You can add a class to the gallery and it will adjust the caption wrap. e.g. If you add caption-high to the group gallery Extra CSS Class it will adjust the position of the caption.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I tried entering the code as instructed but the captions still appeared in the bottom right corner making it impossible to fullscreen my embedded vimeo videos. I entered:

.caption-high .caption-wrap {bottom:40px;}

in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

and then I entered .caption-high in the CSS class for the group gallery I created. I also entered .caption-high in the “extra css class” for the individual videos in the slide set manager and this still didn’t fix the problem. What am I missing? I’m assuming the code was intended to get the captions to appear on the top of the image as to not block the fullscreen option.

Please help! The moving captions were a huge selling point to me but are useless if the fullscreen option is lost.

Thanks for your help thus far!

Cheers,

Lon

longross.com

username: longrossfilms@gmail.com

password: 2plus2is5

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

Sorry, I told you slightly the wrong thing. If you set the Extra CSS Class as caption-high without the . infront of it, it should then work. Add this to each image within the slide set manager.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant

Hi Tom,

This helps but there is still a problem. If I have a 3 column group gallery, the higher caption now blocks the play button (because the play button is located in the middle of the thumbnail when smaller), so fullscreen button has been freed up but now the play option is disabled. Any suggestions. Am I limited to a two column setup if I want to use the captions?

See the 3 column gallery under live music in my “films” link.

Longross.com

Thanks for all your help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lon,

Unfortunately there is not anymore I can do with the standard theme options. It will take a fair more amount of coding for this to work with both as the play button moves for Vimeo videos.

You can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lon Gross
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I recently updated my wordpress and now my visual composer is behaving strangely. When I choose to “add element” some columns are cut off and I cannot view them. Also, when I choose “text block” I’m missing all the options to customize font and spacing etc. I attempted to update my visual composer within my site but it wouldn’t let me. How do I resolve this issue?

longross.com

username: longrossfilms@gmail.com

password: 2plus2is5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.