Home / Forums / ePix Support / Small portfolio page refuses to load

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Laurencrest
    Participant

I have one small portfolio page (linked below) that refuses to load. The page should load, in theory, as it is one of my smaller portfolio pages but whenever I try to load the page it stays stuck on the loading circle. To try to trouble shoot this problem I’ve re-uploaded each image for this portfolio in a smaller format and replaced the original images in the slide set manager with the smaller files. When that didn’t work I rebuilt the portfolio from scratch thinking that I may have selected something incorrectly. None of these things have solved the problem. I tried different browsers and made sure that everything is up to date but nothing is working.
    Any ideas?

The portfolio in question is: http://www.laurencrestillustration.com/portfolio/anxiety-studies/

I’ve been posting for help but haven’t gotten very far with it at WordPress Support: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/small-portfolio-refuses-to-load?replies=9#post-7138324

What I’ve found is that the portfolio page loads fine with other galleries added into it. The settings for the gallery is the same as on other portfolio pages so I’m not sure why that would make a difference but it seems to be causing the problem. I’ve created a new slide manager set and when that didn’t work I tried to edit and remove tags and titles in an attempt to fix this but it doesn’t help.

Additionally, according to another member I have Markup Errors (which I’m not sure what those are or how to fix them).

Any help would be appreciated!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

First thing to check would be the plugins. Please disable the plugins one-by-one to see if that has an affect. If you’re using Advanced Excerpt, please disable this plugin and ensure you’re using ePix 2.0.1, there is a new excerpt method which is better than the plugin.

Failing that, can you post your WP login details please and I’ll take a look for you. It’s worth posting your FTP details too. It maybe a WordPress memory issue, either way I’ll be able to check.

Laurencrest
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

It looks like your image sizes are cause. They’re far too big for websites and on that particular page, the site is running out of memory trying to process them. You need to resize the images to no bigger than 1600px in width.

You can edit the images in WordPress by going to WP Admin > Media Library and editing the image. However, you may have to re-select the images in the Slide Set Manager.

I hope this helps?

Laurencrest
    Participant

Thank you Andy! I’ll get to work on changing that. I made the sizes much smaller for the upload but apparently not enough. Thank you for your help!

Laurencrest
    Participant

Andy, I just wanted to give you an update and let you know that it completely fixed the issue! Thank you so much for your help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome, I’m glad I could help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.