Home / Forums / ePix Support / Social Icons

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Hanbe
    Participant

Hi I am trying to add social icons to the menu bar using these instructions which I found in a reply in theme forrest.

Yes, with the latest version you can copy and paste the short code ( generate with the visual composer and switch to classic view to see the short code ) and paste into Appearance > Widgets > Menu Sidebar Panel.

I have generated the short code but when I paste it into the menu side panel it shows the code in the menu rather than the icons,]

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like you have not got visual composer installed or active on your site. If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanbe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have sorted this for you. You added in a meta widget instead of a Text/HTML widget and the code was slightly wrong. I have adjusted it and added some Custom CSS to fix the alignment. It should all be working for you now šŸ™‚

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanbe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean? The alignment should be the same on each page as the sidebar does not change. The sidebar width does not change too unless you have sized down your browser window slightly?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanbe
    Participant

Hi Tom, the alignment is the same now i had to refresh the page. What i meant about the menu width is that now I can scroll right and left within the menu on the trackpad of my laptop, when i scroll right the menu items dissappear which i think would be confusing to a user. This seems to be consistent with the size of the browser window as long as the menu is on the left and not the top. Also i noticed that the social icons aren’t displayed in the menu when it is at the top of the screen in mobile device format.

Thanks for your help,

Hannah

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Hannah,

The way that you have the social icons is not standard and is not really recommended over the way we have the icons set up in the sidebar on the demo site HERE.

If you want me to set them up in the same way, let me know and I will do this for you.

When they are set up at the top, they will work on all devices and look correct over all sizes.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hanbe
    Participant

Hi Tom, I would be happy to have the icons at the top of the menu but i would prefer to have them to be outside the share button. When I do this I have in total 7 icons which wraps into a second row. Is there a way to disable the search and info buttons so the icons can appear in a single line?

Thanks,

Hannah

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Hannah,

What you can do is just switch off the share icon. Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media > Share Icon, OFF.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Hanbe
    Participant

Cool got that, can i turn off the search and info icons too?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

To remove the ā€˜iā€™ icon, you need to remove the content from the Information panel widget. Go to Appearance > Widgets > Information Panel.

To remove the search icon, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Display Search, OFF.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.