Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Social Icons Bulk Update?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Nick Zakula
    Participant

Hi Andy et al,

I finally got around to upgrading 2 of my 3 blogs from 2.92 to the current version. It went more smoothly than I had hoped (thanks to that handy child theme) and I love the new functionality. You guys have been working hard!

One thing that didn’t convert though is the social icons. The global setting is perfect and I have implemented it. However all the old posts (probably close to 300 across 3 blogs) are flipped to showing with all the icons turned on. I previously was just hiding the old heart icon and showing 3 or 4 social icons only. Since the old posts had them manually turned on, they are not set to the default setting, but they are also showing all 15ish icons instead of just the few checked previously.

Is there any way to fix this globally? Or a quicker edit version. Or anything really than me having to load 300 posts into the editor one by one to reset the social icons to the global default.

Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Try playing with the settings within Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media > Social Media Icons. You should be able to set them from there globally for the site.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nick Zakula
    Participant

I did Tom. And that is a great new addition to the current version that was not in there in 2.92. The problem is due to it not being there prior though. Each post had social icons manually turned on and selected in the older version, so on conversion to the new version, none of them are set to the default global setting, which would not be a problem if they were only showing the select few icons that they were set to previously, but they are showing the entire list.

Unless I am missing it, I do not see a way to override the settings on individual posts to force them to show the new global defaults without going into each old post and manually resetting it to the default for social icons. Which it may be the case that there is no easier way to correct the social icons on old posts not set to the default. I was just hoping there would be a faster way to do it.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

If you manually turned them on before, you will need to manually turn them off unfortunately.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.