Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Social icons default link problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Laurie
    Participant

Hi – I’ve currently using several of the DynamiX 3.x social icons on my pages since the theme was released (currently on 3.03), but have only just thought to test them! They’re all using the default actions included with the theme. I think they look good and would prefer not to switch to another sharing plugin, but I’m getting some odd behaviours.

Facebook: OK
    Twitter: OK
    Google+: Seems to be directing to roughly-formatted mobile page. Is this right?
    Linkedin: The big problem. Simply doesn’t work. Looks like the shareArticle behaviour might have been deprecated, according to this thread.
    Email: Doesn’t grab any of the article links… just creates a blank email.

Have I missed something or messed up?

Thanks, Laurie

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Laurie,

I’ll look into the sharing script for LinkedIn, email is supposed to just link to an email address and has no other functionality. I’ll also check google plus to see if they have a nicer method now, but it maybe that is what is available.

Laurie
    Participant

Hi Andy – thanks for that. I’ve temporarily switched to using Social Sharing Toolkit (http://www.active-bits.nl/support/social-sharing-toolkit/) which is very neat (but for some reason prevents display of the DynamiX Theme Options when it’s activated… I’ve reported the bug…)

Might give some ideas for the relevant sharing scripts – functionally it’s very good.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

If they’re using jQuery Mobile in their plugin, it could be this that is causing a conflict. I’m enqueuing the script, hopefully they are too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.