Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Social icons wont turn off – No grid blog layout

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed Dyanmix 3.0.3 (the latest version)
    from having v2.9

I am having issues with the social icons, i cannot globally disable or disable on a per page/post basis, nor can i disable certain ones, so on every page, i have all of the social icons.

Also, i cannot change anything to do with my blog layout. Switching to Grid Layout doesn’t do anything, also, if i were to put any text or anything in the post that my blog is linked to, none of it shows up on the blog page, only the pure blog elements are visible.

I am also having issues with the live customisation page where it is meant to show you what the theme will look like when you edit it, i can press the buttons and change settings but it makes no difference to the displayed layout.
    I do not have tabs or accordions on the site, but i do have a stage slide show.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

What settings do you have set in Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media? This is where you can control the social icons globablly and override them on a page by page basis via Pages > Social Media.

The Grid Blog is working for me, it’s set via Appearance > Theme Options > Blog or if you’re using a Blog Template, you can set a Grid Blog Template.

With regards to the Customize Theme function, are you setting the skin you’re editing as the default Skin for the site?

If you’re still having issues, please post your login details ( click the Set as Private Reply )

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick reply,
    i installed a new copy of wordpress in a new directory, and added Dynamix 3.0.3 and everything was working as it should, after copying all my data over into the directory i found it wasnt working again.

I eventually worked out that this plug in: http://wordpress.org/plugins/instagram-for-wordpress/
    was breaking a lot of functionality to do with tabs, live customisation, social icons and blog layout

since disabling the plug in, i have found most things are working as expected. Although i am still having some strange issues with live customisation, where the branding logo will not move when i move the slider, it also shows random graphics as missing.
    Also, in my blog, it still shows all of the social icons, whereas globally and on the rest of my pages, it shows the icons that i have selected.

Thanks
    Stephen,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

With regards to the customization, I can login and take a look for you, I’ve not come across that before. Unless there is some CSS that is stopping it from moving, previous customization or something?

I’m thinking that one of the posts on the blog page have social icons enabled and it’s inheriting that setting for the blog page. Do you social icons enabled on one of the posts on that Blog page?

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

I think the customization has worked itself out
    right now its my blog that is the main issue.

I just added my first post since updating and found a few more issues.
    1) On the blog page, only the title is displayed, followed by “…” The featured image is not displayed, nor is any part of the post.
    2) Regardless of what i do, all social icons are displayed.
    3) on my home page, i use the grid gallery script is used to display new blog posts. The new post is just a blank space. the image or title is not displayed, but all previous posts are fine.
    4) The visual composer seems to kill nextgen gallery. the code to include a gallery in the post is automatically placed inside a text box. but that kills the nextgen gallery formatting and function.

Ive made you your own admin account, so if you would like to poke around, be my guest.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Hi again, since posting my last response, ive checked all my blog settings, Re: 1) above.
    The only way that it will show any data under the title is if the settings are set to display the entire post.
    Nothing is shown if i have the settings to : image only, Excerpt only, Excerpt and first/custom image.

Is it possible that there could be a conflict of settings in my database from a previous version of Dynamix?

thanks,
    stephen

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Could I get the login details to your site so I can check out these issues for you please? Be sure to set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply,

In terms of the social icons, it would appear the WordPress’s own Jetpack plugin broke the part where you could disable certain icons. Mostly i think its the custom CSS and extra widget sidebar and custom embeds from websites, parts that broke it

With except was a conflict of settings, all sorted now,

The blank image on the home page was fixed by adding the image as media on the post page, under the gallery/media tab

The Visual composer killing nextgen gallery formatting was fixed by removing a plugin called “nextgen gallery optimizer” then going into the settings of nextgen gallery and resetting them.

The customiser fixed itself along the way

thanks for the help,
    stephen

Stephen Bonser
    Participant

Theres still a few problems with all the social icons being displayed on some posts, but its not a massive deal

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

Please can you just confirm which issues you are currently having as I am slightly confused. I will then be happy to help you resolve these issues.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.