Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Social Media Usage Question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
  • James Wright
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Question. On a new section my site (Quotables) found at http://JamesWantsToKnowYou.com/Quotables, I’ve made it so that you can share the images via LinkedIn & Facebook. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to figure out how to make the twitter info. work. I believe it’s supposed to be http://twitter.com/share?text=[get_the_title]&url=[get_permalink] but when I try to auto-insert the info myself it doesn’t appear to be working for me. Do I have the right syntax correct for what I’m trying to achieve? Basically I’d like the person to click on the twitter icon under each image & it automatically opens a page for twitter, auto-inserts the image & allows them to tweet it.

Thanks!
    James

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  James Wright.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Yes that should work and it appears to work for me on my test servers too. What exactly is it doing, can you post a link to a page with it on, along with your login and I’ll see what maybe causing it to fail.

James Wright
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

James Wright
    Participant

Just sent you the info. Also, is there a way to make the images downloadable? Meaning either an icon for download along the same line as the social media icons OR when the image itself is clicked, it downloads to the person’s hard drive?

Thanks!
    James

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi James,

It doesn’t look like it’s possible with Twitter, it unfortunately doesn’t work in that way.

The only way to make the images downloadable would be to do a customization that uses a script to add that function.

James Wright
    Participant

Hi Andy-

Gotcha. So I don’t mind paying for the customization. I’d want it added to the http://JamesWantsToKnowYou.com/Quotables page where each quote is downloadable. I’m thinking the fa-download icon next to the Facebook & LinkedIn icon where you click it & it opens up the dialogue box for downloading to the person’s hard drive. If you think you can do this let me know & I’ll put in the request on the customization side…

James

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  James Wright.

James Wright
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I paid the $10 for the customization section but can’t add a new request. It says, at the bottom, “The forum ‘Customizations ( Premium )’ is closed to new topics and replies.”

James

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi James,

That service no longer exists, I’ll provide a refund shortly. I have to quote for each customization now as the 10$ service wasn’t sustainable.

I’m currently travelling, but as soon as I’m back in front of the screen, I’ll provide a quote.

James Wright
    Participant

Hey Andy-

Sorry – I couldn’t find this thread (just found it) – – just wanted to check back with you on the quote & the work I requested above. Let me know…

James

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

James Wright
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

James Wright
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for the payment. I’ve started this, but unfortunately the code I’m using only works with some modern browsers, so I’m looking for an alternative method now. I’ll continue with it later today / tomorrow.

James Wright
    Participant

Hi Andy-

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

James

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.