Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Something is slowing us down…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Ben Hansen
    Participant

Hope you might be able to tell me something i am doing wrong. We run a network at gotgame.com one of the sites on our network is using your theme theirategmaer.com i have temporarily also enabled/activated this theme on another test site on the same network because i noticed the pages were taking sometimes over 30 seconds to fully load. On the test site ubernaut.gotgame.com i am seeing normal loading times of under 4 seconds. So i am wondering what am i doing wrong with the real site?

p.s. i have only enabled the theme on the second site for testing purposes if you aren’t happy about that i am happy to disable it but either way once i figure this out i would of course deactivate/disable it on my test site.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I had a look at the browser console to see what is happening when the theme is loading. It’s images which are the issue, your site is loading 100mb worth of images. I’m guessing it’s the sidebar widget loading them all, try removing it to see if that is the issue.

Ben Hansen
    Participant

yeah that was it, the widget called northvatage widget gallery thing is the settings inside the widget don’t look like anything out of control that should causing that i attached a picture of the settings if it helps at all anyway thanks for the help!

Ben Hansen
    Participant

image link:

http://adobe.ly/127Do2x

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

THe only thing I can think of is the News category doesn’t have a matching category slug. e.g. News should have a slug of news?

Ben Hansen
    Participant

i don’t think thats the problem it looks like it’s the same:

http://adobe.ly/127S81t

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Do the posts within that category have a lot of images attached to them?

Ben Hansen
    Participant

yeah well he didn’t have many posts yet to that category but i guess maybe he could have 100mb or so for all of them combined, some of the posts probably have more then a few images and not sure if he optimizes them or anything.

Keith
    Participant

My homepage also slowed to a crawl after setting up this theme. Looking into it… Maybe the server can’t handle it???

Ben Hansen
    Participant

i doubt it’s a server thing the theme seems well coded to me check your widgets is my advice anyway.

Keith
    Participant

I think the css features are causing delays. I expected lower cpu usage with this theme, but it has increased. The cause of the ultra slow down were the social widgets of the theme and visual composer (I am running my site from China where all such things are blocked) and because of a bot attack (from China). In particular the accordion gallery and sticky menu take a moment to load.

PS. The sticky menu only operates well in Chrome and Safari.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

Do you have a link to your site. As mentioned, the demo site scores very high page load speed and that has BuddyPress, Visual Composer, Woocommerce, Revolution Slider loading and it has no compression on.

One feature that seems to be affect page load is Flickr, unfortunately there isn’t a lot I can do about this, it’s due to the way Flickr allows the loading of it’s images.

Keith
    Participant

I’m using this theme on http://www.sinolicious.com I got rid of the social widgets… Things sped up a bit.

Having trouble with the menu sticking to the top of the page and then getting hidden behind the wp admin bar when in sticky mode and scrolling down. Everything works when logged in though…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

I’ve changed this for the next version, however goto Appearance > Editor > Style.css ( should be selected by default ), search for this line of CSS:

.logged-in .header-wrap.stuck {margin-top:28px;}

change to:

body.admin-bar .header-wrap.stuck {margin-top:28px;}

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Keith, most of the speed issues you’re experiencing are due to plugins taking an age to load. How many plugins do you have enabled.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.