Home / Forums / ePix Support / Sort by category

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Sabine Rich
    Participant

I’m just getting my site setup with this theme and I love it. I just have two options that I can’t seem to figure out how to do.

I have a Portfolio Page and a Shop page. For both of these pages I would like the option to have a sort by category buttons or dropdown.

For the Portfolio page I want to sort by Portfolio Categories
    The Portfolio page is populated using the Grid Gallery element, so not using the “Add Gallery” option below. The reason why I’m using the element is because I want the page title and header to be above the content and not the other way around which I believe is the default when using the Add Gallery options below.

For the Shop page I want to sort by WooCommerce categories in the Products section.

http://sabinerich.com/ (Note: The graphics are just placement ones at this point, I will be changing them to lower res ones so the pages load faster.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sabine,

You can simply enable the “Animated Filtering” option on both Galleries. This will automatically use the categories selected as filtering links.

Sabine Rich
    Participant

Thank you, that worked perfect for the Portfolio page but for the Shop page I don’t actually know how the content is being populated. As the page itself is blank on the back end so I think it was set in the settings to use that page as the store?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

For the shop page it’s not possible, however if you create a new page, add a Gallery > goto Datasource and select “Product Categories > Select Animated Filtering, you’ll now have a Grid gallery with your products in. If you want to set that page as your main shop, you can do this in the Woocommerce Settings.

Sabine Rich
    Participant

I did that but ti still does not seem to be working. Could I give you my login info and have you set it?

Couple other things that I can’t seem to figure out.

1. For the shop page I would like for it to look just like to portfolio page where it has the page title on the top and then the category filtering.

2. How can I get the price of the items in the shop to show on the item itself?

3. In the side menu on the top where the social media buttons are there is an “i” icon. Can I either get rid of this icon or have it display contact info like in your demo?

Thank you!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. You can’t change the shop page, you have to create a “new” shop page, add a Gallery > goto Datasource and select “Product Categories > Select Animated Filtering. You can then set that page as your new shop page.

2. The price will appear on the image like this page if you use the Grid Gallery – http://epix.themeva.com/photography-e-commerce/

3. You can remove the “i” icon by going to Appearance > Widgets > Information Panel > Delete any widgets within it and it will disappear.

Sabine Rich
    Participant

Thanks. I have gotten everything figured out except for the store page. I can’t seem to get it to display how I would like it and I’m not sure if it is possible to. Here is where I’m at with it.

http://sabinerich.com/shop
    How the data is being populated on this page: I have a Grid Gallery in the Visual Composer section and this is populating the top half of the page. The bottom half of the page is being populated automatically by having this page set as the “Store” page in the WooCommerce settings. I don’t want duplicate data showing up on the page if at all possible.

On this page the top section shows categories correctly as well as the price on the picture, however it does not show the “add to cart” button.

The second section of the page shows the products with the “add to cart” and price below which is fine, however, it does not show category sorting. How the products show up in this section is what I’m looking for if I can just get category filtering with it.

I did some additional testing on this page…

http://sabinerich.com/store/
    How the data is being populated on this page: I have “Add Gallery- Grid” setup in the “Add Gallery” tab and this is populating the top half of the page. The bottom half of the page is being populated through a Grid Gallery in the Visual Composer section. This page is NOT set as the “store” page in the WooCommerce settings.

The top half of the page shows the products and price, but the categories don’t seem to be working correctly and again we don’t have the “add to cart” button. The title of the page is also not being displayed at the top. (which I know is the standard behavior when using the “Add Gallery” section.)

The bottom half of the page is similar to the top but the categories work. Other than that all the same pros and cons as noted above.

What I’m looking for.
    This is how I would like the Shop page to look if possible. The bottom section of http://sabinerich.com/shop, but with category filtering like the top half of the page and with the title of the page on the top, again just like it is displayed on this page currently. Lastly I don’t want duplicate showing on the page. Both of the pages mentioned above have the same products twice I only want all the products shown once with category filtering and an “Add to Cart” button and price on each one.

Thanks again for all your help with this, I hope my reply above is not too long and is clear as to what I’m trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Sabine,

Firstly, awesome work and the site is looking great!

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to display the add-to-cart within these Galleries. It will only show the price and link through to the individual product, where you can then add to cart.

Unfortunately it’s going to have to be a compromise. I personally would have the Gallery with filtering and leave it with the click through to the product.

I have put this on the development list now, I do see how it would be good to have the functionality. I remember when initially developing the Galleries, I wanted this functionality but it wasn’t possible at the time. This was some time ago, so hopefully it can be done with ease now.

Sabine Rich
    Participant

Thank you! Looking forward to getting that functionality added. Great theme, thanks so much for putting it together and all your tech support.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome, have a great day!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.