Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Spaces between the widgets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • David Bakke
    Participant

Cheers,

I'm trying to change the spaces between the widgets. But I'm not succeeding in changing it properly. 

I have a combination of 

text -widgets, which I'm using as menu-headers/links and  "custom menu"-widgets ans the menu links. On the left hand side. How would I increase the space under the custom menus, and decrease the space between the text-header and custom menu?

Any creative suggestions?

http://eventsupport.no/temp/

Friandly regards,

David

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Something must be interfering with the CSS becuse it shouldn't look like that by default. Can you try disabling the plugins to see if any affect it. 

David Bakke
    Participant

Cheers,

It's the default look I'm trying to change. See, I need the "custom menu" -titles to work as links as well as the links themselves. So what I did, is to add a text-widget with a link in it, and use it as the linked title. And add a title-less custom menu -widget underneth. The result was to much space. I tried changing some values in the widget-section of the css of the dynamix-theme, but I'm not succeding properly. My lack of knowledge is getting in the way. I could give you access to the site?

/David

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I can't unfortunately provide any more support on this – any customisations will have to be done by a web designer/developer. 

David Bakke
    Participant

That's ok. Do you take on jobs like that? I've sent you a request throught private message.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Normally I would but at the moment my workload is too much and I can't take on anymore projects. One thing that might be worth trying with the headers is to have a text widget with the h3 linked and then place a custom menu shortcode directly underneath (not the widget). see the documentation for details on custom menu shortcode. 

David Bakke
    Participant

Thanx, I'll try that:)

David Bakke
    Participant

I've been experimenting with the values in the css, and I'm slowly getting there 🙂

Another thing though. 

I can't find the value that moves the page upwards (makes the space narrower under the breadcrumbs).

http://www.eventsupport.no/temp/nedlastninger/Screen-shot-2011-07-13-at-8.55.png

Friendly regards,,

David

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Try modifying the margin-top value of .inner-page {

David Bakke
    Participant

No change at all -altering that value.

/David

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Add !important after it because I think the buddypress stylesheet maybe overriding it. (even though you're not using it).

David Bakke
    Participant

No change, I'm afraid. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I modified my style.css file -> .inner-page to this and it works (note the margin-top)

.inner-page {

width:948px;

margin:0 auto;

position:relative;

margin-top:0px !important;

display:block;

z-index:1;

}

David Bakke
    Participant

Worked perfectly,

Thanx again for your help:)

I really appreciate your quick replies and dedication to you customers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.