Home / Forums / ePix Support / Spacing in feature boxes / parallax images not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Christine
    Participant

One problem I’ve encountered is that you can’t add any paragraphs to a feature box. My client wants to separate some of the information in these boxes with a space between paragraphs but every code I’ve used does not work. Any tips? Is this not possible?

Is there also a way to change the padding so that there is more space around the copy within the feature boxes?

Lastly, in the last few days I’ve noticed that the image parallax backgrounds of my quote sections have not been showing up. The images are there but nothing shows up. I tried changing it to a coloured background instead of an image and that didn’t work either. Help?

Thanks,
    Carmen

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Carmen,

Try adding another text block instead to break up a paragraph. Sometimes VC can get confused and not add in the correct paragraph tags.

You can add padding to the row. If you edit the row with the styled box in, under padding enter, 10px 10px 10px 10px for example.

Are you using the latest version of the theme 1.1.3 and Visual Composer 4.2.2?

If not, I recommend updating to the latest versions.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christine
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christine
    Participant

Did you take a look re: the parallax images? They are not showing up.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

As mentioned above “A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.”

There is no need to purchase the plugin as it does not contain the correct theme options and may not work correctly with the theme. I have installed the correct version on your site now.

The feature box and line spacing seems to be working fine for me. Please check the /test page to see what I have done. Also, parallax is fine too.

Tom

Christine
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is a slight bug with this, I’ve provided a fix here. Please download the following file:

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/epix/vc_row.php.zip

Unzip it and replace the ePix/vc_templates/vc_row.php

Let me know if that works okay for you. It will be updated in the next version.

Christine
    Participant

Andy,
    Thank you. That worked. One more question I have is what width should I make the photos for those parallax backgrounds so that the entire width of the image shows? As it stands, it is zooming in on the pictures whenever I’ve uploaded them – at all different sizes. What is the optimum size to show the entire width of an image there?
    Thanks.

Christine
    Participant

And, I have one more question. On the preview site, on the Shortcodes page, there’s an example of quotes with the large quote marks. How do I set that up? What is the shortcode? Is there a list of all the shortcodes somewhere? I didn’t see it in the documentation PDF.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

The way parallax works is it works off of the browser size not website size. So if your site is boxed, which it is, then the right hand side of the parallax image will be covered. If you made it full width, you would see the entire image. Unfortunately this cannot be changed as it must work on the browser size and not content size.

You could try adding some extra width to the right side of your images but depending on the width of the users browser window, this will change.

This is a Quote element from Visual Composer. If you edit your page > Add in the Quote element > Type in your quote and set the width > Save and preview, this will show the quote in the same way. You can play with the text size also.

For more information on Visual Composer, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Matt Humble
    Participant

I see that that element is a quote, but it looks like there is a stage slider within the quote element. How did you manage that?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

You can find the testimonials from the site in this post here.

If you want to use a slider instead, follow below.

This is the Northvantage Widget Gallery located within Appearance > Widgets. You can create the testimonial slider by completing the following.

First, set up a few posts with quotes in the content
    Set them as quotes under Format
    Set the category

Go to Appearance > Widgets
    Drag the NorthVantage Widget gallery into a column (footer in the case)
    Select the category
    Display & Filter by Post Format: Quote
    Content type > Text
    Save the widget

Or you can use a stage gallery and pull in the posts.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.