Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / SPAM EMAIL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • Brian Shields
    Participant

This is just a general question for everybody out there who can answer this.

What do you or what can you do if anything to prevent SPAM email if you are using the CONTACT form from the DynamiX theme? I must get 20-40 per day, even with captcha it still doesn't seem to work, any ideas/suggestions from anyone would be great.

Cheers,

Brian

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

I've just released 2.8.3 with a new contact form – it should reduce spam aswell. 

Brian Shields
    Participant

Cool that's great Andy I will upgrade to that a little later on as I have a Dr. appt and not looking forward to leaving a nice air-conditioned house to go out in the 46 celsius degree heat, Mother Nature sure can be a B**ch at sometimes eh? LOL!

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

activate akismet,it also installs little updates from wordpress from time to time,fontis capture is rather good too,use images to display contact information too as its harder for bots to find the image and make sure to give title and tags that dont say what they're for.

Brian Shields
    Participant

Thank FLiCK, askimet was actually the first thing that I activated. Fontis capture I am assuming is a plugin? Thanks for the info and BTW nice site you did, I had a look at it a few days, very well done. I am basically teaching myself WP so some of this stuff is very new to me but I am liking it so far.

Cheers,

Brian

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Brian I'll swap you some 46 degrees sun for some rainy cold days from here ?? 

With the new contact form form, you have to have user interaction – plus there are a few traps set. It's a trial really, to see how it performs. I didn't want to add captcha because it looks crap and takes up more space, so looked into alterternatives. 

Brian Shields
    Participant

I would take a few cold rainy days now Andy, I have been singing the old Bing Crosby standard everytime I go outside now "White Christmas"…LOL!

So is there anything that I need to change or do in my contact form on my site after upgrading to 2.8.3?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

As if by magic it's started being sunny the last few days – have you had rain lol? 

No, nothing to change it will automatically change it for you. 

Brian Shields
    Participant

Thanks Andy, glad that nothing needs to be changed.

As for the weather they have been calling for it the last day or 2 but nothing yet but it has cooled down quite a lot finally, down to 20-25 range which is very comfortable. Glad my sun dance worked for you guys, LOL!!

Brian Shields
    Participant

Andy, am I missing something here? I need to change the code so that all accordion on my page remain closed when opening the page they are on. I found the solution doing a search here but what do I need to be able to alter the .js code as I do not see it in the editor. When I ftp in I find the script ok but all of the coding is all kinds of scrambled jargon, even opening in notepad same thing? ideas/suggestions?

This is the solution I found:

dynamix.min.js

change this line: 

h3.accordionhead",autoHeight:false,collapsible:true,navigation:true});

replaced with this line:

h3.accordionhead",autoHeight:false,collapsible:true,active:false});
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

With the latest version of DynamiX you have to place this after the the compressed javascript within the DynamiX/lib/js/dynamix.min.js

(function ($) {$(document).ready(function() {

var getacc_id = parseInt(window.location.hash.slice(1)); // retrieve # number

if(!getacc_id) {getacc_id = false;}

$(".accordion").accordion({ header: "h3.accordionhead",autoHeight: false,collapsible: true,navigation:true,active:getacc_id});

});})(jQuery);

Brian Shields
    Participant

OK, I FTP into my site,save a backup copy and add the code at the end of all the compressed js, re-upload with changes,clear the cache and nothing changes I still have the first accordion opening automatically on my homepage. Is their a close statement that should come after the above code that you told me too add?

The last line I have in the compressed js before adding that code is this:

closePath|paddingLeft|paddingBottom|beginPath|5000'.split('|'),0,{}))

(function ($) {$(document).ready(function() {

var getacc_id = parseInt(window.location.hash.slice(1)); // retrieve # number

if(!getacc_id) {getacc_id = false;}

$(".accordion").accordion({ header: "h3.accordionhead",autoHeight: false,collapsible: true,navigation:true,active:getacc_id});

});})(jQuery);
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Do you have a link to your site? 

Brian Shields
    Participant

Andy,

Site address is http://www.ontariodrags.ca/

you will see the top accordion to Luskville dragway does not close

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The theme is installed incorrectly mate, see this page for help. http://help.themeva.com/dynamix-getting-started/installing-dynamix/

It will look a tonne better when that's fixed 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.