Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Stage Gallery bottom margin question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Steven Noe
    Participant

Andy,

Sorry I missed the opportunity to sponsor you. I just saw the announcement (sorry, I was in the middle of code battle). Question – I am working on the modifications shown, and I'm really close, but cannot for the life of me locate where the margin between the stage gallery and the body content is on the home page, which is the white space between the bottom of the gallery pic and the gray bar in the screenshot that can be seen by clicking the link.

ScreenShot

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Its not too late. You can still donate. Unfortunately, the only way to change the gap is to modify the CSS file. 

Go to your page, view source and find the pageid within the body tag.

I should look something like this. page-id-879 (the number will be unique to your page).

Then edit the style.css file within the editor in the admin. 

Paste in this code and edit it to suit your spacing need (ensure the number is the number from your page id). 

.page-id-879 .stage-slider-wrap {height:400px;}

Adjust the height to increase or decrease the gap.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Steven Noe
    Participant

Very cool! Thank you sir!

Oh, then very cool. Count on my support. I'll get 'round to it a bit later today.

Steve (aka KillerDesigner)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks Steve, glad it helped. 

Steven Noe
    Participant

Hey Andy,

Hope you're well. I got pulled away, then left for vacation, and just returned. Quick question… does the page tag work for any CSS adjustment on any given page? I should think it would, meaning that I can customize one page without affecting others. Am I right in this assumption? So, could I therefore leave existing code in place, and modify only the code I want for that specific page, as these examples?

#header-logo {

margin-top:40px;

min-width:220px;

.page-id-5 min-width:125px;

position:relative;

float:left;

.page-id-5 margin-left:10px;

#footer-wrap {min-height:150px;background:#fbfbfb url(images/footer-a.jpg) center top repeat-x;min-width:1050px;}

.page-id-5 #footer-wrap {min-height:150px;background:#fbfbfb url(images/footer-a.jpg) center top repeat-x;margin:0 auto;width:960px;}

Steve

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Yes you're right in that you can do that but not the way you've demonstrated there. This is how it should look

.page-id-5 #header-logo {

min-width:125px;

margin-left:10px;

I hope that makes sense. 

Steven Noe
    Participant

Merry after Christmas Andy! I hope you had a most joyous holiday. Thanks for the feedback regarding css customization on a per-page basis. This really helps! I am still having difficulty removing that dang bottom margin (see this screenshot of the css element outlined).

I've searched for every variation of stage-gallery-wrapper, content-wrapper, rapper wrapper (lol), and so on, adding variations of the specified code to match the specific tag but for the life of me, it will not change.

.page-id-5 .stage-slider-wrap {height:200px;}

The margin persists. Perhaps the screenshot with highlighted CSS code and outlined element will assist in resolving and removing the gap?

btw, just attempted to donate for Christmas gift but there seems to be a problem with my PayPal. I'll look into tomorrow and take of it.

/Steve

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas Steve! It was great thanks, still feeling extremely full from Christmas meal! I hope yours was a great one?

Try addding !important after the value e.g. 

.page-id-5 .stage-slider-wrap {height:200px !important;}

Steven Noe
    Participant

You mean that I all I had to do was tell it that it was important to me?! 😉

Worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Steve

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Glad it's working Steve 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.