Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Stage Gallery Slide Set applied to a Portfolio Post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Steven Ready
    Participant

Hi Guys,

How do I add a slide-set stage gallery to a Portfolio post?

I currently have a grid gallery on my home page pulling in and displaying all my portfolio posts. What I am attempting to do is have each portfolio post represent a project that I have worked on. What I want to be able to do is click on the post thumbnail and be redirected to a slide-set stage gallery that includes additional examples of that particular portfolio piece (multiple images for each portfolio project) and some descriptive text displayed underneath the stage gallery about the project.

I assumed this content would be added to the individual Portfolio Post. But when I look through the configuration options (under the “Gallery/Media” tab at the bottom of a Portfolio post edit page) there is no option to apply a slide-set. So I am a bit stumped? Is there any way to achieve this? Is it possible to apply multi-image stage gallery to a Portfolio Post? If not, how would you advise I go about achieving such an effect?

Regards,

Bex

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Bex,

You can add it via the Visual Composer. If you can’t see the Visual Composer within the Portfolio post, goto Settings > Visual Composer > Content types and select “Portfolio”. Now goto the portfolio post, add element and choose the Gallery you want to use.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Steven Ready
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I had explored this option but when you use VC to add a stage gallery it publishes below the page heading/title and post date. Ordinarily I would insert ‘BLANK’ in the alternate page heading field but there is no field/option to do this on Portfolio posts.

Is it not possible to use the provided settings under ‘Gallery/Media’ tab?

Cheers,

Bex

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Bex,

I’ll implement this into the next version, however for the time being please replace this file:

DynamiX/lib/adm/metabox-options/options-meta.php

With:

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/dynamix/options-meta.php.zip

Steven Ready
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Bex,

I’ll do some testing today and see what maybe stopping it from appearing.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Steven Ready
    Participant

Hi Andy,

How did you go with the gallery issue?

Cheers

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Bex,

I apologise, I got half way through this and I got sidetracked. Please replace DynamiX/header.php with the following file:

http://help.themeva.com/tmp/dynamix/header.php.zip ( unzip ).

I hope that helps?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.