Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Stalling in Visual Editor & Updating

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

I’m having some trouble with the Visual Editor. It simply won’t load. If I go to classic and back quickly, it seems to make it so it will. But if I just leave it upon opening, it will act like it’s loading forever.
    Then, when I’m updating, it often stalls as well. Sometimes it’ll work. Others it won’t. But if I click on “Update” while it’s updating, it seems to spur it along.
    We’ve disabled the “responsive” feature for now. So far it seems to help, but we just did it. Ideas?

Thanks
    Joe

Joe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Joe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

It sounds like a plugin conflict. You have 67 plugins active, I would recommend de-activating each one one-by-one to find out the culprit for this issue.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

I noticed that the page double-loads too. Don’t know if that’s significant, but I don’t recall it doing any different with this theme.

Only 12 of the plugins are active. 67 are installed.
    I’ve gone through them all, with no noticeable difference. Two I left off, so only 10 are active now.

There were 30 active on the super-admin dashboard. I’ve gone through them all now, and left a few deactivated.

I deactivated all the site (not MU dashboard) plugins at once. No change at all.

I deactivated all the Network plugins at the same time – no change at all.

If this is a plugin problem, it’s an inactive plugin that’s causing it.

This is a fresh WP install that seemed to be working well before I installed this theme. But DynamiX did seem a little glitchy from the start – very slow to respond. It simply got worse. I didn’t notice a sudden change, though that’s possible. It seemed progressive though.

I also have an update notice, but can’t find anything that needs updating. Not sure if that matters, but obviously something’s goofy.

I’ll leave the site as is, with all the plugins deactivated except a couple. Let me know what else can be tried.

Did you change the default to classic? It opens straight to classic now.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

I don’t know if this is significant at all. But I was able to edit once yesterday by clicking “Review” first. Then I’d Update. But it still never showed that it updated. I just clicked on another area of the dashboard, then went back. The update stuck.

I tried another theme. It worked fine.

Does it matter that the theme still says it’s from Northvantage?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I have just logged in and taken a look at your pages. I created a test page, used Visual Editor and added in a text block then saved the page. Seems like everything is working fine.

If things are still playing up, I would recommend resetting your browser cache to see if that solves things.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks. I just did as you suggested, with no improvement. I asked my friend in Europe to try it, he noted no improvement. We’re both on Chrome.

I tried IE – the test page seemed to work well, though the Visual composer still wouldn’t load. The Customization feature worked well. The home page doesn’t work at all. The Update button “clicks,” but nothing happens.

He tried Opera and said it won’t work. Then he tried Firefox and said it worked great. He’s pretty sharp regarding WP, and perceives it as a backend issue with Visual composer, if that’s any help. He thinks that an AJAX script may be buggy.

Not sure how helpful all that is, but it looks like I need to load Firefox for now.

Is it possible I did something wrong when installing it? I’m not the sharpest tack in the WP box.

Thanks again.

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Quick update – I can’t figure out if the WP Theme customization is working or not. In Firefox, it seems to work, but won’t close. When I try to close, it changes the theme color I’m editing. Odd.
    I went to Chromium to see if anything happens and it shows that the settings were indeed changed. But the changes aren’t showing up on the live site.
    Went to Chrome and checked the Customize page. It says it’s been changed too. When I go to the site in Chrome, there’s no change. Go back and check the site on Firefox – no change. Customization is still showing that it did change though.
    Confusion would be an understatement… 🙂

Regards,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

There will be a new update that includes a lot of fixes for Visual Composer and backend code. When it comes out, I would recommend upgrading and then testing to see if it solves your issues. The update will hopefully be submitted this evening.

Please get back to me with how it goes.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Looking forward to it.

Thanks Tom!

0rca
    Participant

I am experiencing the same problems, VC is not loading correctly, but switching to classic and back again it loads. I have the latest Dynamix 3.1.

Joe
    Participant

Update accomplished. No apparent change in regard to these specific items.
    Also, for some reason, the home page doesn’t want to change, though the other pages are following my edits.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Ensure your browser cache is completely cleared – it should work absolutely fine in 3.1 now.

0rca
    Participant

Did that, but still no luck 🙁

http://neu.akbevent.de/loading.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.