Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Strange Behavior – Flicking page on load

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Hi guys,
    Re:
    DynamiX 4.0.2
    WP- 3.9.1

We are facing two very strange behaviors by the theme:

1. When user click the “Add new” (page or post) – the theme seems to flick 3 times before actually opening the editor. Whilst flicking you can clearly see that the editor and the meta area of the theme custom section is not showing correctly.
    loading issue

2. Front end BuddyPress groups, when clicking on any of the links there seems to be a strange white message blank box appearing overlay. No idea what this is about, but this is coming every few clicks we make within this section.
    Strange Popup

Thanks,
    Dan.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

The first thing I recommend doing is updating to the latest version of Visual Composer and the theme as this should iron out most if not all of your issues straight away.

A new update has been released for DynamiX which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for that.
    Two questions before doing it.
    1. Should we be concern with any lose of information whilst deactivating/activating the plugin and/or the theme?
    2. as we use the Child theme should that make any difference whilst updating the plugin?
    thanks,
    Daniel.

Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    It seems not have fix the issue.

1. When upgrading the VC you must have the main dynamix theme activated. in other words, if the Child theme is activated you cant update the VC. I think you ought to say it to everyone.

2. Could you please let me know what is the latest version that should be installed both the theme and the Visual Composer?

I can see (after update):
    Dynamix Theme: 4.0.7
    Composer: Version 4.2.1

Thanks,
    Daniel.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

You are correct, Dynamix Theme: 4.0.7 + Composer: Version 4.2.1 are the current latest versions.

As the child theme is effectively a skin of the core theme, you must switch to the core theme to update VC.

Have you tried resetting your browser cache after the update? Are you still experiencing the same issues? How are you triggering the white box with the ‘OK’ button within it to show? Which browser are you currently using?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Daniel Zairi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

1. This must be a plugin doing this or a piece of custom code. PHP developers add in an echo like this to trigger a box to test things. Has your code been modified at all? I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

2. This is standard behaviour now, it is WordPress first loading the page, then loading the script for Visual Composer to show. There is nothing to worry about here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    what you are saying is right and those were the first things we checked. However, 1. Our developer didn’t apply any such pop up nor could we locate where it is initiated from. and 2. We have gone down the root of disabling all plugins but this didn’t fixed the issue.

suggestions?

thanks
    Dan.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

I just logged into your site again and de-activated all of your plugins bar advanced excerpt, bbpress, buddypress, s2member and visual composer and the popup does not appear.

So this is a plugin related issue.

I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    As this is something that is triggering on a BuddyPress level, how did you manage to test it if you deactivated the BuddyPress plugin?
    I suspect it has to do with The Theme and BuddyPress working together.

Thanks
    Daniel.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

It isn’t buddypress as I left it active. It is another plugin, one that I de-activated, that is causing this pop up to happen.

Buddypress works absolutely fine with the theme.

Tom

Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Daniel Zairi
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Which browser are you testing this with? The login details do not seem to have the appropriate privileges.

I am not sure what you mean by presenting double listings? Can you please elaborate on this?

Thanks,
    Tom

Daniel Zairi
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.