We are facing two very strange behaviors by the theme:
1. When user click the “Add new” (page or post) – the theme seems to flick 3 times before actually opening the editor. Whilst flicking you can clearly see that the editor and the meta area of the theme custom section is not showing correctly.
2. Front end BuddyPress groups, when clicking on any of the links there seems to be a strange white message blank box appearing overlay. No idea what this is about, but this is coming every few clicks we make within this section.
The first thing I recommend doing is updating to the latest version of Visual Composer and the theme as this should iron out most if not all of your issues straight away.
A new update has been released for DynamiX which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.
For more information on updating the theme, please see here.
Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.
Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).
Hope this helps.
It seems not have fix the issue.
1. When upgrading the VC you must have the main dynamix theme activated. in other words, if the Child theme is activated you cant update the VC. I think you ought to say it to everyone.
2. Could you please let me know what is the latest version that should be installed both the theme and the Visual Composer?
I can see (after update):
Dynamix Theme: 4.0.7
Composer: Version 4.2.1
You are correct, Dynamix Theme: 4.0.7 + Composer: Version 4.2.1 are the current latest versions.
As the child theme is effectively a skin of the core theme, you must switch to the core theme to update VC.
Have you tried resetting your browser cache after the update? Are you still experiencing the same issues? How are you triggering the white box with the ‘OK’ button within it to show? Which browser are you currently using?
If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.
1. This must be a plugin doing this or a piece of custom code. PHP developers add in an echo like this to trigger a box to test things. Has your code been modified at all? I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.
2. This is standard behaviour now, it is WordPress first loading the page, then loading the script for Visual Composer to show. There is nothing to worry about here.
Hope this helps.
what you are saying is right and those were the first things we checked. However, 1. Our developer didn’t apply any such pop up nor could we locate where it is initiated from. and 2. We have gone down the root of disabling all plugins but this didn’t fixed the issue.
I just logged into your site again and de-activated all of your plugins bar advanced excerpt, bbpress, buddypress, s2member and visual composer and the popup does not appear.
So this is a plugin related issue.
I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.